Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Eminem To Play Paladin

I just read that Eminem is signed to portray Paladin in a movie remake of Have Gun Will Travel. They call him a Bounty Hunter.

I'll wait for the flick but I'm not feeling confident about this one....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have all pretty well summed up my first impression. :D

But to be honest I felt the same way when I heard Kurt Russell and Val Kilmer were going to portray Earp and Holiday....

I think I'd like to see a movie version of HGWT with Sam Elliot playing Paladin.

What's Eminem? You mean they're doing an animated version with the "M&Ms" from the commercials? That'd be fun! :lol:

Seriously, Eminem... Where's that puking smilie when you need it? <_<

Sean Penn letting his hair grow and playing Hey Boy.....? Susan Sarrandon doning oriental clothes and playing Hey Girl....?

Visions of the Rocky Horror Picture Show... :P:D:lol: Where is my water gun...?

Unfortunately, I have no frame of reference to the "old" Paladin. But, I wouldn't put anything past Eminem. Everything he touches seeminly turns to gold. Although you may not care for him or his music, he is quite talented and very smart. I'd wait and see.

Unfortunately, I have no frame of reference to the "old" Paladin. But, I wouldn't put anything past Eminem. Everything he touches seeminly turns to gold. Although you may not care for him or his music, he is quite talented and very smart. I'd wait and see.

Smart and talented he is.

My old man was a big fan of HGWT, gunsmoke, The Rifleman...etc so I got to see the reruns as a kid. Lots of great quick draw footage to try and emulate as a kid!!! lol...

I'm with BigDave here. Em may not be your style, but what he does he tends to do very well. I'll be plenty interested in the final product. Of course it's not like he needs the cash, he could walk away at any point. If he does do it I hope someone gives him some training so he doesn't look like a gang-banger!

I can see sit now...really baggy black pants....driveon rag on his head.....Alfanso of Hollywood holster for his Glock and the Gangsta sideways point...Richard Boone is turning over in his grave as I type this..

Just another one that could have used some religiously applied whoopass when he was younger.... :(

I glad I'm not the only one old enough to remember "Have Gun Will Travel".

In fact, I thought about Paladin as a user name when I joined the forum.

This is way cool.

If Eminem can replace Richard Boone there is hope for me.

I was planning to try for Tom Selleck's role if they ever remake Magnum P.I.

I would look good driving a red Ferrari. B)

Tony

Just wait till M Jackson showes up as Matt Dillon. One of my friends has a brother who is really into the old tv westerns. A year or so ago I was laid up for a week and had about 20 hrs of Have Gun Will Travel, The Gun Fighter, even some Shotgun Slade ect. Good stuff, bout wore a VCR out.------Larry