Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fowel Mouthed Kids

Rocket4

I really hate fowel mouthed kids. :angry: There is this 11 yr old boy in my neiborhood that is always swearing up a storm. He was even in my 11 yr old daughters class. Just about every day that I walk to work he has to make some comment. One time he kept calling my son a looser. Yesterday he was up to the same thing. This time he said that my "husband is a mean bastard" I ignored him so he said "fine just ignore me like the hoe you are" The mother will not do a thing to this child to make him stop. I am just fed up. Does any one have any suggestions that might resolve this issue? These are just some of the softer comments this child has made. If the parents have lost control of him at this age just imagine what he will be like when he is a teenager.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would politely but firmly tell him everytime that his behavior is unacceptable, and use this to reinforce acceptable behavior in your children, which I am sure you do! :) I would also tell his parent(s) about his behavior and what is acceptable.

I have to do this all the time with kids that I deal with (cop) and it does make a difference with most kids when an adult or authortity figure "TELLS" them how it is gonna be and why. Most kids today in broken families dont have regular schedules, discipline, or an authority figure to respect since their parent(s)? doesnt actually parent.

This is totally BS and we shouldnt have to do it :angry: .....but I think back to growing up in a small farming town and I KNEW that if I screwed up or did something stupid and needed some "Correction" that most of the adults in town would help me out.......until my folks found out.... :huh:

I would stay on this kid like stink on stink. If the "kid" thinks he can run you like he obviously "runs" his parent(s)? it will get worse....... :(

Good luck!

DougC

fowl+towel=fowel ergo he has a mouth like a dirty rag! I wonder if that is worse than the normal foul mouthed variety of kid. :lol:

In spite of all the smart mouthed comments (I hate smart mouthed kids a LOT more by the way) I agree with you. If a teenager drops a swear word here or there it doesn't bother me but the younger ones should be reigned in and taught the language properly before they earn the right to abuse it.

-ld

Well if he's said anything even remotely threatening to you or your daughter, you can always get a rrestraining order.

Especially if it means they can't occupy their home, might get the attention of those who should be disciplining their child.

I didn't post on here so that I could be made fun of. I have a real problem here that is why I posted. To those people who insist on making fun you are no better than that kid. I was hoping that I could get some sound advise here and if you don't have any don't comment.

Invite him to Church. Walk up to their door with a Bible in your hand, give it to the Child as a gift, tell the parent/parents your intentions and purposes and what their child has done to motivate you to invite him.

I've done it in a simular situation and it worked quite well. My son was being bullied on the school bus so I found out where the boy lived and went to his house. That same boy is now in my son's Boy Scout troop.

I didn't post on here so that I could be made fun of. I have a real problem here that is why I posted. To those people who insist on making fun you are no better than that kid. I was hoping that I could get some sound advise here and if you don't have any don't comment.

I dont think people were making fun of you. They are trying to alleviate your stress by bringing some levity to the discussion. They are always here to help, perhaps not in the form you wish to see, but in their own inimical (perceived) way.

I dont think people were making fun of you. They are trying to alleviate your stress by bringing some levity to the discussion. They are always here to help, perhaps not in the form you wish to see, but in their own inimical (perceived) way.

+1

If he is in your daughters class you might want to talk to his teacher and see if this is an issue at school and ask how they are handling it. Something definitely the school should be cognizant of to ensure the safety of your daughter. How comfortable do you feel in speaking to his parents if he keeps making these comments to you? It sounds like, as others have said, that he is allowed to get away with it so he keeps doing it to see what kind of reaction he can get from you. Remember, in many cases negative reactions are just as good for these kids as positive...it means that someone is paying attention to them. Good luck with the situation...not one I would want to have to deal with.

If the the parents will not supervise the child it is a legal mater that can be handeld by Child Wellfare. / Child Protective Service = CPS

The Child is in real danger of being harmed by someone less restrained than you. If you do not act for the childs benifit he will be harmed. ='Write a letter that outlining your atempts to contact the parents, and send it to CPS with a phone call too. list in the letter the date and time of the call. And say in the letter that When the child is harmed it will become a liability isue of who could have intrevned.

You should have a police man too that is responcible for the area= he is like a PR man for the city police contact them about the lack of supervition for the child.

Do something for the kids sake , kids some times have to be protected from them selfes.

& <_< " theas guy make fun of my spelling all the time :P

Jamie B)

Well. if you are thin skinned, you won't last very long around here.. :lol:

Bite me. :P LOL. Sorry if I snaped, I was just not in the frame of mind at that time to be funny. I know you all were just tring to help and I truley thank you. Thanks for the great advise to. I really think that some thing needs to be done and soon.

There have been several parents that have talked with this boys mom. She just doesn't care. She will even go as far as to say that some one else must have started it.

If it's parent(s) do not care there is not much chance you will have a positive effect. With my sense of humor I'd probably say something like, "What a marvelous command of the English language! Bet you get all A's. "

Words are just that words.

Ivan

You mean it's the thought that counts!?!?!?!?!? B)

I agree words by themselves are powerless. Unfortunately we tend to give them power by associating them with thoughts which invoke emotions. Remembering that, as you suggest, can be very handy when dealing with an annoying person. Good call.

-ld