Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good Luck To Irc Competitors

Steelshooter3

Just wanted to say good luck & good shooting to all those fortunate revolver shooters who will be competing at Morro Bay this next weekend. Wish I could be there but couldn't work it out this year.

Underlug - Beware of the "Alpha Bear", she's on a mission for major smack points for the coming year :D . Have a safe trip driving down.

Just wanted to say good luck & good shooting to all those fortunate revolver shooters who will be competing at Morro Bay this next weekend. Wish I could be there but couldn't work it out this year.

Underlug - Beware of the "Alpha Bear", she's on a mission for major smack points for the coming year :D . Have a safe trip driving down.

Sorry it didn't work out for you, Dan. You will be missed. The stealth Washington contingent will whup up on the unsuspecting at Morro Bay this year. If I keep up with Alpha Bear, I'll be doing my part.

Good luck to all you shooter. Wish I could go this year but I have some tests scheduled.

I hope everyone enjoys the stages, the friendships and a wonderful weekend.

Only hint I will give you all is to shoot like you would in practice. Don't stress out, no matter what place you come it it won't effect your life, your family or those that love you.

I'm going to miss seeing some wonderful people and I hope I'll make it next year.

Good luck to all you shooter. Wish I could go this year but I have some tests scheduled.

I hope everyone enjoys the stages, the friendships and a wonderful weekend.

Only hint I will give you all is to shoot like you would in practice. Don't stress out, no matter what place you come it it won't effect your life, your family or those that love you.

I'm going to miss seeing some wonderful people and I hope I'll make it next year.

You will be missed, Steve. Hope your tests go well. Thanks for your help at the Southwest

Edited by underlug

Yep, our man Bubber will be representing for us. He's disguised his new Randy Blaster with some ratty third-hand sight, but don't let that fool you. He finished 5th out of 11 Open Division shooters and won the classifier stage at OKC this month.

http://ipsc.okcgunclub.org/06scores/jun06/jun06_opn.htm

Ditto from me also, good luck and have fun.

If you've been there before you know what your in for, if you haven't gone then start

saving up for next year. I've only gone once but it was a great place to be.

All round gun shooter's and nobody stepping on your moonclips :D

A real nice bunch of folks and a great area to shoot in.

Somebody post back soon with info from the left coast !

Bubber.....git 'er done this year and say hi to Vic for me.

Hi All:

Stay safe and have a great time. I ROed and shot last year. Best match I have ever been to. My soon to be wife just had a major surgury so I can't go this year. I'm sure Nelson will make this year even better. Be nice to Mr. Richards; under that hat is a nice guy.

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. We are here now and checked out the stages. Looks like fun. Classifier and some RO's shoot tomorrow. Otherwise Fri and Sat. I'll be working the classifier match or doing whatever

Vince

The Washington State contingent is doing us proud, except for me (totally crashed and burned on the standards). I was up on Alpha Bear for a while, but, she is smacking me now, so, we are all having a good time. You are missed, Dan

well, I managed a 46 on the Standard that I will not sneeze at. The last time I was here I shot an 80. I'm doing pretty good and Rob L seems to be having some good stages. A lot of people still need to shoot the standards. Seeing Taran shoot a wheelgun was worth the price of admission :)

Vince

We have far and near to fit in some time in the afternoon tomorrow..... sort of not looking forward to it (sort of a LOT!) I didn't get a chance to watch Jerry shoot any stages, maybe tomorrow though. I did happen to walk by when Rob L was shooting a stage I had started on. I stopped and watched and said " so THATS how you are suposed to do it...."

Alden was interviewed for Shooting Usa though, the kid was stoked! I think he only had 1 mike so far, I'm keeping fingers crossed for him tomorrow. I spent a while after getting home loading extra ammo for a few of those who didn't end up having enough ammo that would go boom n their guns. Nice living 45 minutes from the Hogue range :-)

I broke my chrono last week and was sweating the chrono stage here... 133 pf. One less thing to worry about now. 6 more stages to go starting @ 07:30, then standards. That should give me time to get ready and get the nervous worked out by then.

More tomorrow

Dave Wilson

Underlug - Hang in there! The standards always get me too. Have fun, & shoot smooth and you'll do great. Say hi to the gang and I'm glad they're shooting well. Remember when shooting with Alpha Bear if all else fails - cheat :D . Only way I could ever beat her.

Great match. Great weather. Great people. Just at least one missing. I think Alpha Bear is too smart for me to cheat her. All forum readers should do this match at least once. If only to meet Bubber and Randy Lee

Well, I managed a 290 and change. I was very happy with my scores and times. I did hose a few that I could have done better on. That double swinger on 5 was um.. interesting.. I hosed on that one and dropped 3 c's there. On the all steel stage 3, I shot 4 clean runs sub 4, and on the last run I cut loose barely sighting my shots and managed a 2.87. I was quite impressed.

We'll see how we did tomorrow.

Vince

Greetings all,

The 2006 International Revolver Championship is coming to an end- only the shootoffs and awards remain. It was quite a sight to see just shy of 200 wheelgunners all in one spot. Nelson Dymond, Art Leach and his son Eric, Mike Cowlishaw, Ron Williamson and all the RO's who donated their time really pulled off a superb match.

With dual coverage by Shooting USA AND The Shooting Gallery, the IRC is truly becoming one of the premier shooting events. The unofficial results as I heard them tonight was Jerry as HOA, and Rob winning Limited division. I was fortunate enough to squad with Rob and one of the things he mentioned was that there is no reason why this event in the future wouldn't draw 400 competitors- even his son wants to shoot next year. The prize table is valued at well over $100,000!

The stages were fun as well as challenging, and only as complex as you made them by pushing the balance of speed over accuracy.

For myself, it was great to see friends from across the globe whom I only see once a year. It is also very gratifying to see how many shooters were sporting Apex hammers, and/or trigger work. Somewhere around 40% of the shooters!!! I was blown away to say the least.

I'm already looking forward to next year. :)

Hey Randy you forgot some people.

We couldn't have gotten the match off without Ed and JC Vernard and everyone else who helped set up. some of the swingers were a little evil but managable. Sure wish i could shoot a few of the stages over to get a better time and hits on some of them but oh well.

-Eric

Greetings all,

The 2006 International Revolver Championship is coming to an end- only the shootoffs and awards remain. It was quite a sight to see just shy of 200 wheelgunners all in one spot. Nelson Dymond, Art Leach and his son Eric, Mike Cowlishaw, Ron Williamson and all the RO's who donated their time really pulled off a superb match.

With dual coverage by Shooting USA AND The Shooting Gallery, the IRC is truly becoming one of the premier shooting events. The unofficial results as I heard them tonight was Jerry as HOA, and Rob winning Limited division. I was fortunate enough to squad with Rob and one of the things he mentioned was that there is no reason why this event in the future wouldn't draw 400 competitors- even his son wants to shoot next year. The prize table is valued at well over $100,000!

The stages were fun as well as challenging, and only as complex as you made them by pushing the balance of speed over accuracy.

For myself, it was great to see friends from across the globe whom I only see once a year. It is also very gratifying to see how many shooters were sporting Apex hammers, and/or trigger work. Somewhere around 40% of the shooters!!! I was blown away to say the least.

I'm already looking forward to next year. :)

We are getting ready to go out to the wailing wall. It was a great tournament thanks to a lot of wonderful people. How many gunsmiths do you know would spend over 2 hours on a C shooter's gun in the late afternoon two days before the match in which he is shooting when Robbie and some of the big boys are coming into the shop the next morning? I know one. Thanks Randy. You, and your work, are phenomenal. Also of note, the local sports section had a front page picture/article spread on the match. It was neat. Dan, Alpha Bear and Rog send regards. Rog shot a great match but fears the sandbaggers. And, Momma Bear is a B.

Edited by underlug

Underlug - Hang in there! The standards always get me too. Have fun, & shoot smooth and you'll do great. Say hi to the gang and I'm glad they're shooting well. Remember when shooting with Alpha Bear if all else fails - cheat :D . Only way I could ever beat her.

Washington was well represented. Jim Austin finished 3rd A, and, but for a tactical error,could have won the division. He also made the Limited FINALS in the shootout. It was exciting!! Scott S (I ain't even going to try) won a gun and Roger made a nice early trip to the prize table and got some Randy work. Teddi was 3rd lady and high lady 6.

Randy Lee was last seen buried under a pile of guns people gave him to work on. He literally couldn't carry them all

Steelshooter, next year for sure... you have to

Edited by underlug

I was told he was getting married in a few weeks and was too busy to come.....

He made that decision after he heard I was coming... you can draw your own conclusions

I was told he was getting married in a few weeks and was too busy to come.....

He made that decision after he heard I was coming... you can draw your own conclusions

You know that's the reason Cliff!

I'll be shooting limited next year so you'll have me to deal with too :D

Had a great time shooting with you.

Todd