Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Abu Musab Al- Zarqawi

Bigbadaboom

CJ,

For what its worth I really wasn't replying to your thread at all. I was actually thinking in more general terms of the population/media bias towards continually living in fear of reprisal.

No worries, Craig

A dozen will spring up, lets just hope the replacements are dumb!

The real question was it the $25 mill reward or are the Iraq people finally getting tired of all this and acting to help us.

If we can't get them to snitch/help then there will be no end of it.

I think the plan of shiites and Sunni's fighting each other, plus the random killing of civilians is back firing.

In Vietnam Charlie watched his villages and tortured and killed those who aided the Americans.

However random killing of civilians doesn't induce any reason to support the cause. Neither does promoting an ethnic war.

Maybe just maybe this thing could end up being a positive thing.

The real question was it the $25 mill reward or are the Iraq people finally getting tired of all this and acting to help us.

Ask yourself if you would help people who are invading your country and radically trying to change it.

IMHO, that would be a miracle.

Just saw in Yahoo News (AP) a video of Nick Berg's (American beheaded by Al-zarqaui) father lamenting Abu's death and calling the president a terrorist.

WTF? :angry:

Two Berg videos HERE

The President is a popular target for those who hate the war. It wouldn't take too much to convince a greiving parent that the man responsible lives in a big white house on this side of the pond. It is a sad state of affairs.

-ld

I saw the man briefly on Larry King.

His attitude was sickening.

Thank God I can just change the channel when they put these pathetic individuals on camera.

Tls

Just saw in Yahoo News (AP) a video of Nick Berg's (American beheaded by Al-zarqaui) father lamenting Abu's death and calling the president a terrorist.

WTF? :angry:

Two Berg videos HERE

I saw the man briefly on Larry King.

His attitude was sickening.

Thank God I can just change the channel when they put these pathetic individuals on camera.

Tls

and he's running for office... <_<:angry:

To bad that Fu**er didn't get to suffer more. :angry:

Ahhhh... but he DID!

Zarqawi Found Alive After Bombing

Friday, June 09, 2006

Al Qaeda in Iraq leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was found alive by Iraqi police and U.S. forces who arrived at the scene of the bombing raid near Baqouba, a U.S. official told FOX News on Friday.

"Zarqawi was alive when U.S. forces arrived on the site," Maj. Gen. William Caldwell said in a satellite interview from Iraq. "The Iraqi police arrived first, they found him in the rubble, put him on a gurney of some type."

Caldwell, the chief U.S. military spokesman in Iraq, said Zarqawi tried to roll off the gurney to escape once he became aware of the fact that he was being taken into custody by coalition troops Wednesday night after two 500-pound precision guided bombs blew up his safehouse near Baqouba.

U.S. forces immediately made a visual identification of Zarqawi but were unable to interrogate him because he died of his injuries "shortly after" being pulled from the rubble, Caldwell said.

Caldwell indicated that U.S. troops "went into the process to provide medical care to him" before he expired. He did not elaborate on the medical assistance.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,198850,00.html

Ask yourself if you would help people who are invading your country and radically trying to change it.

IMHO, that would be a miracle.

Some of the analysts last night agreed that we can probably see the insurgency re-focus on killing US forces under the new leadrship. Zarquawi was obsessed with starting a civil war against the Shias, and had basically directed his efforts towards doing that. The new leader may be more focused on driving out coalition forces.

It's a good lick!

Aside from the fact that some people just need killing,there will be intel cascades that will lead to other HVT's and disrupt ongoing operations,possibly for months to come.

Then there's the issue of organizational structure.Underground organizations(especially criminal enterprises)don't generally have legitimate chains of command.They tend to be dominated by force of personality.The Sicilian Mafia got dumbed down as the Feds took out Dons,Capos and Lieutenants.

There isn't an inexhaustible supply of "insurgent" leaders-especially when it gets you a 25 mil bounty and a 500 lb excedrin headache....

Congrats to the D-boy on the laser designator!

I wonder how the 72 virgins thing is working out . . . . . .

I always thought it was "Virginians."

He's worm-food now. I wonder if they'd eat him. Hmmm...

It's 1:40 a.m. and I am headed to bed before my flight home. :)

Liota