Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Zero Fmj Or Jhp

BullF-16

Will be getting my new open blaster in 9mm major from Caylor custom guns is a couple of weeks. Got lots of data from this forum for loads, but cant find zero 125 JHP easily. Is it ok to use zero 125 gr FMJ? Gun will be a shorty with no blow holes. Plan on using HS-6, 3n-37, true blue and power pistol for load development. Thanks.

Will be getting my new open blaster in 9mm major from Caylor custom guns is a couple of weeks. Got lots of data from this forum for loads, but cant find zero 125 JHP easily. Is it ok to use zero 125 gr FMJ? Gun will be a shorty with no blow holes. Plan on using HS-6, 3n-37, true blue and power pistol for load development. Thanks.

Try Powder Valley

+1 on JHPs vs FMJs

After scraping the lead out of my G17 KKM comp after 100 or so WWB FMJs, JHPs or TMJs are the only way to go comped.

Ditto. Exposed lead base sucks in comped guns. I shot WWB for a few matches until I got loads developed and it made a mess in the comp. Never again.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

just shot a few hundred rounds thru my major 9 this morning. 7.5 gr. of vhit n350 with a win sm rifle primer, and 124 berrys hp, 124 win fmj, 115 nosler jhp, 115 rem jhp. and I was very suprised that the 124 fmj winchesters grouped by far the best in my gun. Nowlin barrel comped maj. 9 built by canyon creek. ps mixed once fired brass.