Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

If You Could Have Only One...

I would have to decide btwn my Ruger MK1 bull barrell or my S&W mod 19.

the ruger would be easier to feed in hard times but the revolver is probably going to be more reliable in the long run and nearly as easy to feed.

dj

One! Only one! Funny thing - I actually bought two today - my old STI (bought it bck from the guy I sold it to) and a Glock 35. It was a good day!

Anyway - if I could only have one . . . it would be a Glock 19 (or 23). I can comfortably conceal it and still could shoot some Prod with it.

1911 single stack in 45. It runs, can compete with it, conceal it, buy ammo for it and the concussion will make most bad guys wet their pants and leave. If they don't, it will stop them.

My SV racegun was tempting, but concealing it is an issue (dang those 28 round mags anyway).

"1911 single stack in 45. It runs, can compete with it, conceal it, buy ammo for it and the concussion will make most bad guys wet their pants and leave. If they don't, it will stop them."

+100

Enough power to stop any human....loud enough to make any human or animal think twice about doing what they where about to do.....in commander length in can be carried with ease, and being single stack its nice and slim to. and you can get parts free with your packet of cornflakes they are so prolific.........It never let Segal down?!? :P;)

Only Chuck Norris carries a revolver. nuf said. :P:PB)

so yeah for me ita a 45.acp ;)

With many assumptions going into this i would chose a glock 19. it's small enough to carry anywhere. 9mm is popular all over the world.. worst case you have to rob a soldier or cop for ammo. It's big enough to kill medium sized game and any person you come across... but ammunition availablity is first... plus you can play any game you want tiwth it... the glock 17 is a close second. only because of it's larger size.

This is an old subject and in part a gun owner's old cliché, but let's see what you folks have to say about it.

If you could have only one handgun, what would it be? Edited to add: AND WHY?

I think mine would be a STI 2011 in 40S&W, fixed sights, bushing barrel, classic scalloped slide and maybe (not sure about this) commander length, add a light rail, please.

I'd be able to play the practical pistol games, it wouldn't be impossible to carry and I'd be able to kill at least an armadillo if pushed to provide meat for the family table. ;)

Bring it!

B)

A .38 special 4 to 6 inch barrel yea a revolver.

• 2 weeks later...

My Springfield 1911 45.

It will do about anything you could ask from a handgun.

It is accurate, reliable and durable.

Ammo, parts and magazines are available anywhere in the world.

Loaded down, it is suitable for IPSC.

Loaded up it is suitable for combat.

In a hostile environment it packs 10+1 rounds of large caliber attitude adjustment.

Tony L Shores

Disciple of John M Browning

Edited by tlshores