Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Won First Match Today....

XRe

...or at least my first match since I've been shooting again. I know I've won some small indoor matches back in GA back in the day, but I can't recall if I actually won a monthly 5+ stage format match in the past, or not... No matter, either way, I kept it together today and shot fairly sharp and won, so.... :D

I was also on a squad w/ a bunch of BE'ers (catfish, cnemikeman, thegirl, shred), and we had a great time cutting up and whatnot. There's not much that's more fun that a day like that!!!

Hey XRE !

Congratulations !!!!!

We were on the same plane Saturday, I won High overall at our local match in Albuquerque

as well. I have won limited a few times and 2nd overall before as well. Practice and the planets all lined up or something like that comes together sometimes and we get lucky.

Damon

Thanks, guys...

Nice job, Damon :)

Don't worry about planets or luck - a win is a win, doncha know :) You were the best man on that day, and that's all that matters!

It was certainly a fun match, for sure.....and the calamity of errors with range equipment got pretty silly. :) You did good Dave!! You were on your game!

Damon, congrats to you too, bud! We'll hope to see you again at the TX State Limited.

You just can't laugh much more than having a squad like we did today. Patty and I laughed all the way home, too. :)

Mike

Edited by cnemikeman

man, just think, when I get to be an old fart I can post something in the "gee I was there" forum and say that I was there when XRe won his first match in Texas! :D

:lol::lol::lol:

You shot great, it was good to watch you shoot!

he did shoot reeally good. good job Dave

i goobered one stage up good and that cost me more than a few points...and one damned hardcover mike on stage 5...

wonder who had the barrel fetish that day? :)

There were a whole bunch of barrels, weren't there??? I made a few mistakes, myself, but recovered pretty well from them. I learned a lot about where I'm at with my mental game in the process, too - big confidence booster :)

Thanks for the support, guys :)

Hey, Harmon, hope we get to see you at the Waco match more often :)

Edited by XRe

It's still hard to believe that was the first time you'd ever been to Waco, Harmon! I am glad I finally convinced you to come down. Next time you'll be more familiar with the range and the setup. ( ALWAYS expect to see the barrels in some fashion or another. LOL )

Dave, hope you can manage to squad up with us again. It was a blast. :)

Mike

Congrats Dave! You were definitely shooting like you meant it! (unlike some of the rest of us... stoopid barrels and hardcover!!) It was great squadding with you guys, hope to do it again next month. :-)

We can certainly try to make it a regular group :) That'd be a lot of fun.

Rhonda, I just made the fewest mistakes, is all... whatever works, I guess :) God knows it wasn't a clean match for me, either... and sorry for the expletive on Stage 2 :D