Arkansas Section 3gun Championship

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mel,

Get off the mini skirt issue, I am trying to hold down a Kirin!! Javier already spit beer and is making the geisha's a little nervous.

Mike45,

We know you British guys dream about big dudes from Kansas in high heels, but can't you all contain yourself until Mesa?

Benny,

Kurt says if you beat him, he will pay for my new shotgun!! :D So shoot straight!!

Mike

Drinking Japanese Beer with Javier in Osaka for the night!!

Holy crap was it hot in Arkansas this weekend. Match was a blast. Benny took top Heavy Metal. I believe Daniel Horner took top Tactical. I'm not sure if James Darst won open and I don't remember who was top Limited, Trapr Swonson maybe?

Stages were fun, staff was great, squad was excellent. Kurt Miller (St. Nick) was really a jolly fellow to shoot with.

Thanks to all those that made the match possible.

Edited by GeneralChang

Benny had said (several times, hehe) that he was taking no prisoners in the HM div. He wanted to show off his new .308 he has been working on.... :)

Was he just .01 faster than the rest?

Edited by Merlin Orr

While Benny was the clear winner, that was not evident until late in the second day. Kurt and Benny are very good friends but compete with each other like jealous brothers. And Kurt is tougher than cheap steak, He shot a hell of a match last weekend and just never let up. Hats off to both of them. Great match, good trip and a good weekend, but sh*# it was hot! Fort Smith crew did a hell of a job.-------Larry

Nope Benny was 1/4 second faster! I whomped on him with a shotgun, but his ultra-cool AR-10 with the Meopta was just too much for my iron sighted M-14 on the longer range stuff! I gave up over 50 match points right there. The pistol match was the clincher, I only took 2 of the 5 stages, on the rest benny just plain shot better. Hail to the King baby!!!

Open was James Darst, and it is alway great to be squaded witrh him.

Tactical was dominated by the Army team with Daniel Horner winning and Robby Johnson second, both of the A.M.U. Great to see them and good job!!

Iron sight winner was James Broom with his first win at a major 3-gun match followed very closely by Trapr Swanson who basically zeroed a pistol stage due to a case head seporation. Great job James!!

Heavy-Metal was of course Benny Hill followed by Kurt Miller who in this case really was about 1/4 second slower or 75 match points which ever comes first :lol:

My squad was great, I got to meet the "general" and Scott Reese and many other fine pistoleros who remind me I need to work on the old pistol.

David and Clay And Kurt(not me) and all the rest of the crew who put on the hottest 3-gun I have ever shot deserve a great big thank you. It was a grerat match!! and in those conditions they worked endlessly. THANK YOU ALL!!!

It was a well run match, my hat is off to those hard working souls who knew what to do and when. One suggestion, go back to the Oct. time frame maybe even Nov. I was blessed to shoot with a great squad and learned a thing or two as always. Hope I can shoot it again next year. Keith

A big thank you for the forums own Clay Autery is due here. The CRO for squad one fell out due to the heat( hes OK, which is good news), so the squad was left pretty much on our own. Clay showed just to watch and wound up holding the clock for several hours on two very hot days. He could have been sitting in the shade and by stepping up to help out he took a good deal of work off the shooters in the squad. Thanks.------Larry

I had a blast shooting the second 3 gun match of my life. It was great being squadded with Kurt, James, Scott, Sheldon, Don, and all the others who were more than willing to offer advise when asked. Shooting the the conditions we had gave me even more respect for our boys in the middle east who endure the heat every day. We do it for a game and they do it for real. God bless every one of them. I cant wait to shoot another 3gun match so I can learn this game a little better. I found my weakness is stoking the scattergun. I must practice this technique before next match. I would start out loading one way and end up loading like I was standing in a west Texas dove field by the end of the stage.

Great job on the match David. You and your staff did a bang up job making this happen. A special thanks to my Squad R.O. Billy and his wonderful wife who hung in there like a trooper keeping score for the squad. Billy Worked is butt off trying to run a squad and shoot a match. People like him are what keeps this sport going.

See ya'll at the next one.

i too would like to thank the match crew, for a very well run match, and a very understanding squad 1, that let my roomy and i leave early after the last stage to go take care of a late check out.

the dawg, was happy to be stayin' at home in the AC, man it was hot. i was thinkin' how nice it would be to be in mesa, again. congrats, to all the winners. it was good to see daniel horner shootin' agin, and the rest of the AMU, even hollywood.

those of you that didn't get to see MEL, in his pumps really didn't miss much. although he did shave his legs for it. ;) .

i look forward to shooting the match next year.........Trapr

KUDOS to staff and our brethren who keep us free so we can own guns and "play". I'm waiting for someone to mention the tactical winner Rodney May. Only award I was in contention for was most brass left on range...great great great CRO and stage builder contributions-they even built new stages for Sunday's pistol COF AFTER we finished rifle and shotgun Saturday. DVC

what i meant, was i couldn't find them but now that i did........my name nor dan earnest' is listed in the results. i did a search using my uspsa number, and nothing turned up?

as dey say in da hood.....what up????? trapr