Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arkansas Section 3gun Championship

Hello Shooters

I'm posting information about the upcoming AR 3Gun match to be held at OFGC in Fort Smith Arkansas. I shot this match last year and it was a blast. It kicked my butt, but that's pretty typical with 300 yard shots. There was only one stages with 300 yard shots, so don't fear. I've attached the match info so please look it over and if you have any questions the contact information is on the form.

See ya on the range,

Ron Johnston

3GUN_Match_Info.doc

Edited by ipscron2000

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So if there is a scope in "Heavy Metal"........will there be a division scoring split (Iron and Scope), just like in Limited/Tactical divisions? Then a split in scoring on auto vs. pump also?

I still believe that Heavy Metal (He-Man) still should be all irons with pump for shotgun......if you are going to add auto shotguns and rifle scopes...just call it "Open Metal"

Sorry Benny.....Just my thoughts on it.

I know I'm new here and have only one 3 gun match to speak of but I would like to comment on this concern. I initially entered my first 3 gun in the Heavy Metal class because I had a .308, .45 ACP and a pump 12ga. I did this because I though that the crowd would be less and I'd have a better chance at winning. Boy! was I wrong. That's a hard class to compete in. I actually thought about getting out of heavy metal and going into another class, one that I could compete in. Then I started reading here among you pro's and started to understand what the Heavy Metal class was originally about and a sense of pride came over me. I decided to start training so I could at least run in the pack at my next match. I wanted to be "Hard Core" Heavy Metal is about "Old School" weapons from an era when the gun world started to become something. It's about "Old School" attitude and know how. Atleast that's the way I read it. How can it be Heavy Metal with a scope on the .308(stretching it.) and a semi-auto 12ga.(stretched beyond belief)??? JMHO.

Edited by Basso

Let,s see, The winner of He-Man/Heavy Metal will win a socom M1A. I guess I know what all the "big dogs" will be shooting :D I was going to shoot the good old Iron sight/limited catagory, but now I think I will get out the good old M1A and Play :D I think I can, I think I can, I think I can :lol: KURT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just received a copy of the stages via e-mail.....All I can say is know your impact at 300yds!! :blink: 13 stages looks like its going to be a GREAT match...

See everyone in a couple of weeks

Randal

PS..I received them last night. It looks like they were sent out to everyone who has registered and provided an e-mail address but here they are in a zip file.

Stage13_Pistol_Bay7_RightPlace_RightTime.zip

Edited by DrawandDuck

got the stages,looks like a great match. come on benelli2 lets do it.we shot 12 inch plates at north carolina starting at 400 yards. :blink: i'm glad these are at 300. :) see every one in a couple weeks. drawandduck we are pulling the trailer tammy says there may be room in it for you if you don't say any thing about her smoking. :P

roger

got the stages,looks like a great match. come on benelli2 lets do it.we shot 12 inch plates at north carolina starting at 400 yards. :blink: i'm glad these are at 300. :) see every one in a couple weeks. drawandduck we are pulling the trailer tammy says there may be room in it for you if you don't say any thing about her smoking. :P

roger

Well, guess I better pack the ole' sleeping bag, pillow and a tarp(in case of rain) for he long trip to Ark. in the Trailer....Cause you know I just can't leave some things alone!!! :lol:

Randal