Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Many shooters have asked Frank to move the Florida Open up a week, or back a week, to avoid the races in Daytona and the high hotel prices during that time. The match would historically be scheduled for February 16th, 17th & 18th but could be on the 9th, 10th & 11th or the 23rd, 24th & 25th just as easily. If there is enough interest (and consensus) you can help decide when the match will be held in 2007.

Since it doesn't matter to Frank when the match is held, what dates would you shooters prefer?

Leo

Leo,

The hotel rates don't drop until after the Sebring race a month later. Moving up is the best option.

Smitty, I can loan you a few bucks with a reasonable vig, er rate (not more than 10% compounded daily) :lol::lol::lol:

Many shooters have asked Frank to move the Florida Open up a week, or back a week, to avoid the races in Daytona and the high hotel prices during that time. The match would historically be scheduled for February 16th, 17th & 18th but could be on the 9th, 10th & 11th or the 23rd, 24th & 25th just as easily. If there is enough interest (and consensus) you can help decide when the match will be held in 2007.

Since it doesn't matter to Frank when the match is held, what dates would you shooters prefer?

Leo

Personally, I'd rather see it closer to the SHOT Show so I could do both in one trip.

Leo,

The hotel rates don't drop until after the Sebring race a month later. Moving up is the best option.

Smitty, I can loan you a few bucks with a reasonable vig, er rate (not more than 10% compounded daily) :lol::lol::lol:

[/quote

OH MY :o

PAT

I would prefer the 9, 10 and 11 time frame. Also, do away with the prize table and lower the entry fee. For those who prefer to shoot the match in one day, waiting around until Sunday to take a run at the prize table is not an option.

We seem to be reaching a consensus that a week earler is the preferred option, particularly since waiting a week will not change the room rates.

I'll let this run another day or so and then forward the results to the folks in control. If anyone can think of a reason why moving the match up one week would be a problem, by all means let me know.

Leo

XD, What prize table? ;)

If the dates have to move I would ask for the later ones 23-25. As a school teacher my Feb vacation week has always coincided with Franks match so I have been able to go. If match is pushed earlier I, and others I know who teach, would not be able to come down as we are still working. The later dates are at least at the end of our 2007 vacation week so that would still work. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Either way works for me, but seeing as I'm coming from Canada it would be awesome if the Florida State Champs were on the proceeding/next weekend...two awesome matches in one trip!

Of course if the UN sends me to Africa in December as planned, it will be a moot point... :D

DVC

Pete

Edited by Viper 7

I was informed that the match will remain unchanged and will be held on the 3rd weekend which is the 16th, 17th and 18th of February, 2007.

Thanks for all the comments.

Leo