Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So all of you OH-sceola guys.

What's the master plan for the Iowa Section? The website is devoid of information. (Word of the day there).

What will be the after shoot beverage? Anything like the WI Section? Or, will be it be CORN squeezin's. :lol:

I debated on the topic description. My other idea was "See M. Carmoney shoot with home field advantage!!" :o

Jim

Jim, don't expect the kind of beverage service we experienced in WI. Then again, your entry fee for the IA match was a bargain, right?? :)

Sign-ups are starting to get a little tight, already a bunch of GMs and Ms on board, looks like this should be the best IA Sectional ever. So what else you want to know?

Hey Mike how many Revolvers you got. I'm in, any others?

Home field huh, not if I was down there to trip, <_< errr RUN you through the hills and ravines of the Wooded courses. I may have to start using guile and deceit to get an advantage. :ph34r:

I'm scheduled for Sunday, I want to be there to see Sam get his award for kicking his dad's butt.

Guys this club has some pretty neat ranges that run through the woods of Iowa. Can anyone say "Jungle Run". Though we may lose some moon clips, it's gonna be fun!

If you haven't signed up yet, I'm sure it'll be a blast.

I KNOW I lost a moonclip that fell in the ravine while running over the bridge in the woods. But I wasn't brave enough to retrieve it after the shooters meeting where were told to not touch anything that may be "oozing" up out of the ground. <_< If it would have been a Hearthco, I may have reconsidered. :D

Keith, I have a nice shiny nickel moonclip now that I don't remember ever buying. I think of it as sort of a trophy. So if you see it laying around after I run a stage sometime, I guess you'll have to steal it back! :) I found one of Dan's Hearthco clips in my stuff after a match last year, but I mailed it back to him (insured for its full value, of course)....

Dave, I have no idea how many revolvers are signed up, I'm just a lowly laborer. But I know with you, Dan, Keith, Jim, Sam (who will NOT be kicking his dad's butt anytime soon), and me there (for starters), we'll have enough to have ourselves a bona fide shootin' match.

Edited by Carmoney

Actually them there fancy nickel plated clips started out as regular old black moonclips. Last year early on we decided to hold a match on a nice rainy day. One of those matches where everything disapears under water if it gets dropped to the ground. Well when I got home I didn't really feel like cleaning everything up. For some reason the next day all of my moonclips were rusty. I took a couple to work and mixed them in with some parts that we had to have plated and they actually cleaned up quite nice. But after a few firings they start to turn black again.

I am shooting the match Saturday. With Dan I believe.

I think my group is going home after the match Saturday. So my beveraging will be on Friday night. :rolleyes:

I squadded for Saturday, since the email said that they were getting thin for Sunday. Any chance of a the Revo guys getting squadded together each day?

Is there someplace to look to see what the squads look like?

I have 500 or 600 rounds of Major loads ready to go. Been watching that video of M.C. Hammerless at WI everday, then practicing the left handed reload for an hour a day. :D

How about some directions on where the club is located? What time do we need to arrive? I figured it would have to be after the Iowa guys get done with the milkin'.

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Mike, or anyone from OOPS.

Any idea what time shooters need to arrive by? I still haven't gotten an email, or seen anything on the website giving the particulars.

I will be out of town Tues thru Fri, so my information gathering time is short.

Thanks.

Jim

From the club:

Hotels:

http://www.osceolachamber.com/hotels.html

Also there is a Motel called the Blue Haven, and another called The Evergreen, do a search on the web for these in Osceola, Ia.. They are not five star but they are cheap.

Bring food because we are not breaking for lunch. Once you see the range you will understand. We will provide bottled water.

Directions:

I-35 south of Des Moines/North of Leon Iowa

Exit 33

East on Hwy 34 for 1.5 miles to Ridge Road. Ridge Road is right beside a bank with an enormous totem pole in front.

Follow Ridge road till it turns to gravel, you will cross a small bridge travel 200yard then turn left into what may look like a brush pile. Follow the signs.

Friday shooters begin at Noon.....

Saturday and Sunday shooters be at the range by 7am ...........

Bring whatever you need for comfort on the range .. Our range is small and we pack our stages on the range tightly. We will use Squad pairing again this year.

{One squad runs the other and vice versa}

Great Match!!!

I shot on Saturday and despite the delay due to lightning and rain and having to run on mud, and the no show from D. Carden(Who will hear about it) and Jake DiVita it was fun.

Having Chad "Game On!" Rutherford as our squad leader was a treat. Its nice to have a fellow lefty with some influence on the courses. I especially liked the supplemental walk-throughs with warnings to "dumb-asses". I finally saw a lefty friendly door activator for the first time in years. All the OOPS shooters are so fun to shoot with.

Come to think of it.........I posted a similiar match review for OOPS last year.......hmmm.....they must be doing something right.

After experiencing all the stages that were setup to make the shooter break the 180, having wood around a port NOT count as hard cover, seeing a big tent blow over and damage a vehicle, now I know why the place is called OOPS! :blink:

Darren

Thanks to the guys at OOPS for all the work on the shoot. I don't think the rain was your fault, but somehow Dr. Dre caused it I'm sure. How else did he know to wait until Sunday to shoot.

Keith thanks for letting me shoot in your revolver squad. Hopefully I can show you some of the things I learned from you at the A-5. I really wanted to see D. Carden shoot in person (Mini Training Camp) but apparently the weather wasn't to his liking.

I learned a lot getting to shoot with all of the guys in the Saturday #1 squad, (and the guys who were in the #2 squad). I always say that your learning; either learning to do, or what not to do. I learned a lot of what not to do.

Mike C. - You were right about making the drive all in one day. Big mistake. After being up all night the drive from the Quad Cities took 3.5 hours (03:30 - 07:00), then shooting in the nice weather till 17:00. Then attempting to drive home for 5.5 hours (17:00 - 22:30). I was a little more exhausted than I thought I would be. I was stopping at every rest stop along the way to stay awake. :blink: I had thought about doing the same thing on the first day of the Nationals. That is definitely OUT now.

See you again at the NW ILL Section in a few weeks.

Jim

I shot the match on Friday which was probably the perfect day to shoot. It did get up to about 85 degrees but it only took us 5 hours so it was managable. I loved the stages they really were a lot of fun to shoot. There were a couple of questionable target placements that were a little past the 180, but nothing that we couldn't safely shoot.

My only complaint was that my stupid gun was acting up!! I only had one stage where I didn't have a failure to extract. I guess I am going to have to send it off to SA.