Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Factory Replacement Frames

Chuck D

I thought I'd read somewhere that you could send in your old style non-fingergroove Glock frame and get a 3rd generation style with fingergrooves and a light rail. I just picked up a G17 for a song (free actually) and it's an old style frame. Is there a place where you can get a new style frame (that uses the original serial number) by sending in your old frame?

I thought Glockmeister did this but I don't see the service listed on the website anymore.

Thanks for the info... :)

I thought I'd read somewhere that you could send in your old style non-fingergroove Glock frame and get a 3rd generation style with fingergrooves and a light rail. I just picked up a G17 for a song (free actually) and it's an old style frame. Is there a place where you can get a new style frame (that uses the original serial number) by sending in your old frame?

I thought Glockmeister did this but I don't see the service listed on the website anymore.

Thanks for the info... :)

Yeah, Glock will do it. I forget what they charge though. Just call them and ask, or poke around on Glocktalk. I know I've seen it before.

Yeah, glockmeister, "supposedly" had some issues with filing some serial numbers off guns and them finding their way into unfriendly hands. All speculation and innocent until proven guilty, yadda, yadda, yadda. He no longer has an FFL.

Wow, what a shame if its true.

You can swap out the frame straight from Glock for $46 plus tax. I have done it three times b/c of buying older Glocks w/out finger grooves and wanting the newer frames. You usually get the frame back in 2-4 weeks.

Wow, what a shame if its true.

You can swap out the frame straight from Glock for $46 plus tax. I have done it three times b/c of buying older Glocks w/out finger grooves and wanting the newer frames. You usually get the frame back in 2-4 weeks.

Wow, that is cheap. I want to do the same thing on a 17L I have. What kind of serial number does it come back with?

I think I read something before that if you do the frame swap to remove ALL parts that you want to keep before sending it in as it will come back OEM equipped. (so strip it down before going out)