Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Wife Shot Her First Match

Azone41

This past saturday my wife shot her first IPSC/USPSA match. She has never expressed much of an interest in the shooting sports or guns in general so this was a big surprise to me when she decided to give it a try. She (Ingrid) hasn't done very much shooting in the 25 years we have been married and she didn't get to do much practice before the match. We went out and she practiced for about an hour on wed, thur and fri. We had a 5 stage match of about 130 rounds with one classifier and she did great with no safety concerns, the classifier (strong and weak hand shooting w/5 mikes) and the two texas stars in the last stage ( she cleaned one before running out of ammo) were pretty hard on her. The best part is she had a great time shooting and has decided she wants to continue. I offered her a new Open or Limited STI but she likes how the Glock fits her hand ( and the weight) so her new Glock 34 should be here tomorrow or monday. I know some of the fourm members were at the match and I want to thank them for making her feel welcome. Now I have to worry about getting beaten by my wife. That sucks!!

Congratulations! Does she know about lady's camp yet? If you are really worried about her beating you then perhaps you should keep her away from the forums and FrontSite... ;)

Seriously, it did wonders for Lorrie. I think she really enjoyed seeing it was perfectly normal for a woman to enjoy shooting.

Good luck,

Ira

:D Good job, not only introduce her to the ladies camps as Ira said (www.bang-inc.com) but you can also get her involved in the ladies forum here so she has a chance to talk to other women shooters. There is a private area where she can ask questions she might not want to talk in front of the 'guys' about. Don't worry we won't lead her too far astray will we ladies?

I offered her a new Open or Limited STI but she likes how the Glock fits her hand ( and the weight) so her new Glock 34 should be here tomorrow or monday.

If you were a decent husband you would go ahead and buy her a new Open blaster anyway. A really good guy would pull out all the stops and get her one identical to the gun you have always wanted. ;)

:D Good job, not only introduce her to the ladies camps as Ira said (www.bang-inc.com) but you can also get her involved in the ladies forum here so she has a chance to talk to other women shooters. There is a private area where she can ask questions she might not want to talk in front of the 'guys' about. Don't worry we won't lead her too far astray will we ladies?

Right B):ph34r:

I was not interested in IPSC when my husband wanted to try it. But, after the first match, I was hooked. I had a huge smile on my face and my husband was so proud.

It sounds like she had a VERY tough match as her first and she stuck it out. Congratulations Ingrid.

I am so glad to hear we have a new woman shooter in our midst. There is a special bond between the women in this sport.

Where are you guys located?

Welcome Ingrid,

Lorrie

Get your deposit into Kay pretty quickly as it is filling up fast already. The app is on Kay's web page www.bang-inc.com. We look forward to meeting her! (oh and you too!)

Babes With Bullets Camp Applications & Information

It sounds like she had a VERY tough match as her first and she stuck it out. Congratulations Ingrid.

+1 Way to hang in there!

I am so glad to hear we have a new woman shooter in our midst. There is a special bond between the women in this sport.

Ditto that too. Look forward to meeting you Ingrid.

Whoop! More estrogen at the range is a good thing! Get that woman signed up for camp and watch out, she'll come away with new friends and totally energized about the sport. She'll be dragging you to the range to practice! Point her at this thread and to the ladies forum and make sure she understands she will have more than just your support. Welcome Ingrid!!

I offered her a new Open or Limited STI but she likes how the Glock fits her hand ( and the weight) so her new Glock 34 should be here tomorrow or monday.

If you were a decent husband you would go ahead and buy her a new Open blaster anyway. A really good guy would pull out all the stops and get her one identical to the gun you have always wanted. ;)

Shrewd, very shrewd :lol:

Don WHAT the hell are you thinking? You saw what it was like for me at double tap!!! :wacko: WHY MAN WHY!!!! Next thing is a new shorty gun for her too. Oh and all match gear!!! :wacko:

Cool deal, I enjoy having my wife shooting with me! Because she always wins the good stuff! :blink:

Congrats on the first match. Now get out and kick his butt!!!!

Edited by MarkS_A18138

Congratulations! I have been trying since the mid-80s to get Mrs.KYreb involved. Since we moved to Houston she is teetering on the edge...I picked her up a G34 that she really liked at a recent show. I hope a few practice sessions with it and and she will jump in.

Great Job! Rick