Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vanity Plates

Chris Keen

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice car.....?!?!?! :ph34r:

Uh, for the resident blonde would some of you like to edit your post and place the "english" version of the plate? :P Maybe I need a PgP key to figure it out....

BTW, I'm tempted to order a frame with the serial number /dev/gun - damn funny!

Edited by carinab

Iwill take a stab....AMG is a super form of Merz, and it competes to a degree with the Beemers...so, in essence,

Take this AMG....

Am I correct??? :lol:

That's correct for the most part. AMG is the factory tuner for Mercedes, and almost every class (model) in Mercedes line-up has the top-of-the-line car designed/tuned by AMG in addition to standard factory offerings. BMW's equivalent to AMG is M-cars - M3 (pictures above), M5, soon-to-be-released M4 and M6, and M7 available in the past in their respective classes/models. Naturally, there is rivalry going on between owners of AMG and M cars. They are different beasts for folks with different preferences, but both are very nice cars.

Edit: The car pictured above has also been tuned by the most popular and respectable BMW aftermarket tuner - Steve Dinan - which is evidenced by the badge on the trunk lid. This car comes with 333hp from the factory; I don't know what Dinan mods have been made to this car, but if I had to guess, I'd say it's now somewhere in the 400hp range.

Edited by E53X5

My favorite I used to see around here was a full sized Bronco with with plates that obviously had to do with his favorite sport of skiing since it was a 4X4 and had ski racks most of the time. Now when I first saw it I saw something else and then realized it was meant to mean "for skiing" but when you look at it it comes out different. :unsure:

4SKIN :blink:

I almost crashed my car the first time I saw that. Since it was a special Arizona State University plate he couldn't add another "i" which would have been better IMO.

Neal in AZ

Edited by Intel6

• 4 weeks later...

Most of the ones I've seen locally (thus far) are thoroughly unimaginative. However, I myself ordered a new personalized plate (thery're cheap, thank God) over a week ago and should have it before too long. :D:D Heh.

Our company exmaines vehicles in cases of alleged auto theft for insurance companies, and a case that just came across my desk reminded me of this thread.

We only go by the facts and what we can prove, but the intact ignition, the huge list performance parts, the gaping hole where the connecting rod came through the engine block, and the taunting vanity plate of "KISSMY" gives me a hunch that the owner of this Eclipse might have overrevved the engine having a little too much fun. Safe bet that they could kiss their claim good bye.

Edited by GTOSHootr

OK, I just received the letter of confirmation from ODOT today for that new personalized plate: It'll be "LV 1911"........ (We're restricted to 6 digits, but they WILL, kindly, put spaces where you request them. I more had in mind "LUV 1911" but the digit limit prevailed.)

:D