Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So I Decided To Shoot A Revlover Today

warpspeed

Do to recent events, I found myself without an open gun to shoot. So I decided to go through the collection and find something to shoot at this weekends USPSA match. I have a Model 19 4" and decided that I'd try my hand at this round gun thing. I caleld up Chris @ Ready Tactical and he sent me out a holster & speedloader holders. He made the holster that day and sent it the next. Talk about service!

So I show up today and shot the match. WOW. I have not had this much fun in so long. Yes I had to reload more than anyone else. But it was fun. The gun needs a little work but I think I'm hooked.

I really need to practice the reload thing as I was getting quite a bit of crap. The words "sundial"and "hour glass" were frequently used.

Do to recent events, I found myself without an open gun to shoot. So I decided to go through the collection and find something to shoot at this weekends USPSA match. I have a Model 19 4" and decided that I'd try my hand at this round gun thing. I caleld up Chris @ Ready Tactical and he sent me out a holster & speedloader holders. He made the holster that day and sent it the next. Talk about service!

You must be a righty. Us leftys can never get a holster that quick. Nobody ever has anything in stock and it's almost always a special order... :)

I also shot my first USPSA match today with a wheelgun. I've been toying with it for the past month, and since this was going to be a qualifier match I figured it was the perfect opportunity to shoot it and get qualified at the same time. Of course I don't think I did as well as I'd hoped but I must say it was more fun than I thought. I may have to split time between Revo and Limited now...

-Cuz.

Keep coming towards the light!

Yes... come on in... the waters finnnnne. :wacko:

Don't be alarmed if you suddenly begin talking to yourself or your gun during a stage. It's normal to resort to this kind of behavior in the early stages of the affliction. It goes away as you get better and faster. :P

:lol: Glad to hear both of you had a reason to try the round gun. IT IS FUN and we are only competing against ourselves. In my case, only against me. I'm glad you had fun, please keep it up, we welcome you both B)

???? Where in S Calif are you located ????

Welcome Warpspeed, it's amazing how having fun can be a addicting :D

don't worry about the comments....

......you'll get used to it <_<

Hey Walt, I find it interesting you don't think you compete against anyone else :huh:

.....isn't there another class C wheelgunner that shoots at the same matches you do ???

:lol: Glad to hear both of you had a reason to try the round gun. IT IS FUN and we are only competing against ourselves. In my case, only against me. I'm glad you had fun, please keep it up, we welcome you both B)

I live in Glendora. NE Los Angeles County.

So I show up today and shot the match. WOW. I have not had this much fun in so long. Yes I had to reload more than anyone else. But it was fun. The gun needs a little work but I think I'm hooked.

I really need to practice the reload thing as I was getting quite a bit of crap. The words "sundial"and "hour glass" were frequently used.

With me it's "calendar" and "here comes Halley's comet..........again"

Edited by underlug

:ph34r::ph34r:

Hey Walt, I find it interesting you don't think you compete against anyone else :huh:

.....isn't there another class C wheelgunner that shoots at the same matches you do ???

====================

I only compete against myself because that is where my mind MUST BE until I get the bugs worked out. YES, there is another class C shooter but he kicks my butt, so there really isn't any competion YET. Think his name is Jerry V ;)

Yep, there's a certain intrigue to shooting tough USPSA matches with a wheelgun.

Don't worry about changing your BE name to "impulse drive" just yet, with a little practice on the reloads you'll be back up to "warpspeed" in no time!!

In any event, glad to have you aboard.

warpspeed,

Welcome to wheelguns. Yeah look up fun in the dictionary and you will find these good people and wheelguns.

As you know speed comes with practice. so practice, practice, practice.

I also shoot USPSA with a 625-3. I almost have a master ranking but this has been some time coming.

If you are a capable open shooter, you will have no problem getting up to speed in wheel gun.

"Don't be alarmed if you suddenly begin talking to yourself or your gun during a stage. It's normal to resort to this kind of behavior in the early stages of the affliction. It goes away as you get better and faster"...

haras,

It's funny you mention that, I thought I was the only one who did that. And yes as you become more capable you actually talk faster I don't think the self talk ever stops.

DVC

Renny

I live in Glendora. NE Los Angeles County.

Being that close to San Fernando you've got to try the Regional Match next Saturday. Then there's the IRC late June.

http://www.icore.org/

http://www.icore.org/match.html