Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Neato Tactical Revolver

Waltermitty

Wonder when we'll see it in some cops and robber show ?

Course even they may realize how dumb that thing is :wacko:

(don't mean to offend, just my opinion)

Yea, How dare they put a flashlight on my bayonet lug... :ph34r:

Yea, How dare they put a flashlight on my bayonet lug... :ph34r:

Course now that I look at it some more maybe we could attach barricade wings to the

flashlight area and use it in AP ?

Does Uncle Mike's make a holster for this "gun"

And ya know....isn''t the light in the way for a fast reload (removing spent cases I mean)

ARRRRRGGGG !!!!!

We can't get a retro model 25 revolver but they give us this thing :o

I need to take up drinking again, I'm outta here.

I think I'll put a grenade launcher on mine. :D

Maybe CR Speed will make a holster that you plug the accessory rail into for securing the gun.

Or maybe one of those vertical grip thingys (ala AR15). THAT oughta help my trigger jerk. :o

TRR= Toilet Ring Remover?

I'm sure it will fit just fine on the Bat utility belt, but, it might be a little iffy getting in and out of the Bat Copter

Isn't that a Bat-signal prototype made by Surefire on the front? :D

Yeah, it's a Ladysmith...

Edited by Randy Lee

I think you guys are missing it entirely.

It's quite obviously a string tracker, like on a Bow and Arrow set.

It helps to track where your bullets went for the crime scene reconstruction.

A real leap forward in forward thinking forensics.

Jim :wacko:

Now this thing says it's from the Performance Center...after trying one tonight, who's Performance Center is it from, DA pull from a Ruger Blackhawk....I'm not kidding, it was off the scale...The steel cylinder was not chamfered, and it spun about 3 revolutions before it came to a sudden stop, the rail on top gets in the way of your sight picture. You will need to come up with a new 2 handed method to open the cylinder, just pushing the latch doesn't do it, it takes both hands and a grunt to swing that cylinder out.

On the plus side, it looks really cool with the bipod mounted on the front end...

I wished the new owner of it tonight a lotta luck with it...

michaels

Actually, this is a concept that my editor and I pitched to S&W a couple of years ago.

We got a call from a customer on a local P.D. SWAT team. Their entry man was using a lexan shield and a bottom feeder, and the pistol kept jamming because he was holding the pistol right up against the shield. For dynamic entry applications, we figured an eight-shot 357 revolver on a lanyard would be perfect. The shield won't cause a revo to manfuntion, and when the revo is empty you just drop it and transition to your bottomfeeder from the holster. :ph34r:

Actually, this is a concept that my editor and I pitched to S&W a couple of years ago.

We got a call from a customer on a local P.D. SWAT team. Their entry man was using a lexan shield and a bottom feeder, and the pistol kept jamming because he was holding the pistol right up against the shield. For dynamic entry applications, we figured an eight-shot 357 revolver on a lanyard would be perfect. The shield won't cause a revo to manfuntion, and when the revo is empty you just drop it and transition to your bottomfeeder from the holster. :ph34r:

Okay then Dillon, looks like we know who to talk to about this forum looking for a

Retro Mod 25 project :D

(no flashight attachment needed)

And I like the color too, course it's not blued :(

Jerry M. discussed this issue with me two years ago. I also spoke to a trainer who works in the dynamic entry arena and whose opinion I also respect.

While the revolver is a solution, it may boil down to training and technique more than anything else.

As stated earlier, the trigger pull on the revo is difficult to master out of the box, especially one handed. Many of the departments I work with will not allow any modification to the gun, so trigger work is out.

Unless the light has a pressure pad activator, it might prove difficult to operate the light one handed. Then there is the debate about proper flashlight technique in search or house clearing applications.

Although, can I use I bipod for far and near standards?

:unsure: Ya know, I applaud the effort.....but do you think someone at the factory could ask the shooters that desperately want to buy their revolvers what they want...........I know, what a concept, but think of how many more they could sell. These are not the heady days of "No one has ever made one of these XXXX models with the new super XXX Maaagaanum caliber that everyone wants to own one because we are the only real game in town....

Smith has done such a good job of coming back from the brink.......I just wish they would realize that their market and demographics have changed from "they will get whatever we put out, and like it! to "what does the customer want to buy......"

Edited by DougC

We got a call from a customer on a local P.D. SWAT team. Their entry man was using a lexan shield and a bottom feeder, and the pistol kept jamming because he was holding the pistol right up against the shield. For dynamic entry applications,

And this was the side of the shield right ?? :P

Okayokayokay, I'll go away now B)

Dave, when you actually go to the range and shoot 6 times a year,........yeah, I can see the gun being held against the shield......NO, dont ask :wacko: and yes I get to train these guys that have the same problem.... :ph34r:

DougC

The one my S&W rep brought in today was smooth on the DA pull and the fit and finish was as good as any PC gun I have seen. I really like this gun for absolutely no reason. I put a light on it just for giggles. It actually feels just like a standard N frame in my hands.

Now, I hate to burst anyone's bubble here, but competition shooters are a really small market segment of the gun buying public to a company like S&W. If they only made guns that had a real world application, then the would only have 3 guns. The best selling S&Ws are the Airweight J-frames which have a really obvious application, concealed carry.

There are some guns I wish they would make, or still make, but I understand that they just don't sell. The 940, the 610, the 6 shot 627, and the 66 all make perfect sense to me, but S&W doesn't make any of them now.

This is a better picture.

post-5714-1143171999.jpg

It ain't so bad from this side..... :)

I'll give you that Walt, without all the "accoutrement's" the revo has a nice

look to it. And having the new barrel setup rebarreling might be like a DW.

But alas, it is a 327 and not a 627, I may be wrong but I believe the jury is

still out on the longevity of these frames.

And as fomeister stated, we are small segment of the market place, hell rumor

has it S&W sold over 10,000 500 mag's, but I really can't believe there's that

much of a market for a "tactical" revolver.

But I've been wrong before ;)