Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Neato Tactical Revolver

Waltermitty

:unsure: Ya know, I applaud the effort.....but do you think someone at the factory could ask the shooters that desperately want to buy their revolvers what they want...........I know, what a concept, but think of how many more they could sell. These are not the heady days of "No one has ever made one of these XXXX models with the new super XXX Maaagaanum caliber that everyone wants to own one because we are the only real game in town....

Smith has done such a good job of coming back from the brink.......I just wish they would realize that their market and demographics have changed from "they will get whatever we put out, and like it! to "what does the customer want to buy......"

Doug - There is at least a part of the S&W management that understands this. Two models they put out in the last two years (M21-4 and M22-4) were in response to a market segment that wanted retro-style guns. S&W had to double their original production runs to meet the demand for these two. Admittedly, they didn't sell boatloads of them. It seems their break-even point is about 400 guns. I'm pretty sure they could sell that many M25s...especially if they offered a 4" version as an option for IDPA shooters; this could push up the number of guns sold. The downside to this is that S&W might go the retro route and introduce it as a 1950, rather than 1955, Target - think Mountain Gun, but with a 6" barrel.

Doug - There is at least a part of the S&W management that understands this. Two models they put out in the last two years (M21-4 and M22-4) were in response to a market segment that wanted retro-style guns. S&W had to double their original production runs to meet the demand for these two. Admittedly, they didn't sell boatloads of them. It seems their break-even point is about 400 guns. I'm pretty sure they could sell that many M25s...especially if they offered a 4" version as an option for IDPA shooters; this could push up the number of guns sold. The downside to this is that S&W might go the retro route and introduce it as a 1950, rather than 1955, Target - think Mountain Gun, but with a 6" barrel.

I'd be interested in a 1950 with an 8-3/8" barrel! It'll never happen, though.....

• 2 weeks later...

Well I shot this revolver extensively today, with a red dot on it, and it was really fun to shoot with full power magnums and with .38s too. It was accurate, at least at the 30 or so yards I shot the plate rack with it.