Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blade Tech Tek-lok Users

ChuckS

The clip from my holster, I used on a Calif Comp 6 shell carrier. It's nice to be able to add 6 shells quick for belts (Bianchi?) that you can't slide on/off... although that belt is going to replaced be a CR Speed, until now it's been very handy.

And at SSM3G, it was easy to loan to be short on carriers..

I'll never use a Tek-Lok holster again. Mine wouldn't stay locked onto the belt. It needed the U-shaped security piece...which was always wanting to fall out as well.

I'd take velcro, tape, super-glue or soemthing for me to trust it.

Folks,

Thanks for the inputs. I noticed during reload practice I had at least one mag pouch come un-clipped (w/o the U-thing installed). Since I think I have everything in place on the belt, I too will be adding velcro tape to the pouches so I think I will leave the clips in and have the velcro hold them in place.

Thanks again,

Chuck

• 1 year later...

I think I'm digging the Tek-Lok's more and more now - they tend to exert less pressure on my bony hips than the SR loops, but they seem to be just as stable.

Quick ponderance for others that are using them on their holsters & pouches:

1. Do you use the 'perma-lok' on your setup?

2. Hinge at the top or at the bottom?

I always use the the perma lok with the pistol holster and put the hinge on the bottom. I feel this combination is the most secure (and strong). I rarely remove the holster during the match so quick detach isn't really a concern.

But for ammunition holders I only use the perma lok when I know I will be rolling around on the ground. The tek-lok's on the ammo holders are geared more for quick and easy (de)attachment --- no perma lok and the hinge on top.

I invert the tek-lok so the hinge is at the top, and throw the U clip away.

I use them on a CR Speed belt and are a tight fit to get them to lock, but once locked, I have never had one come open.

I have the tek-lok on my blade-tech holster for my Edge (DOH) and Glock, and AR-mag pouch, and put them on two 6 round shotgun shell holders and one 4 round shell holder. On the four rounder, I used the "mini" tek-lok" which is smaller than the original size ones, and have never had it come open either..

I flip my Tek Loks around so the hinge is at the top. I use the industrial strength velcro on the backs to hook up with the CRSpeed belt. Never used the U clip and never had a problem......yet. For the holster....I think it is a good safety factor to just have the hinge at the top. If it was at the bottom and it came unlocked......you're gun is headed for the ground. It would probably not be a bad idea to put the clip on the holster with a piece of velcro over it to keep it in place. I think I'll probably try to find a clip and do that for an extra piece of mind. I'm kinda with Flex. It'll probably happen sooner or later so a little prevention can go along way so that I don't lose trust in my rig.