Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Match Registration Problems

Rob Boudrie

I hate it when -

- Competitors ask you to "hold a slot" for someone whose registration is arriving later, despite a published policy no slots will be held

- Competitors send you an large packet of registrations and each one has a check STAPLED to it. Do they think the checks are going to crawl away if not stapled?

- Competitors whose handwriting is so bad that you get the name wrong, and virtually have to guess on the email address.

I hate it when -

- Competitors ask you to "hold a slot" for someone whose registration is arriving later, despite a published policy no slots will be held

- Competitors send you an large packet of registrations and each one has a check STAPLED to it. Do they think the checks are going to crawl away if not stapled?

- Competitors whose handwriting is so bad that you get the name wrong, and virtually have to guess on the email address.

Rob, was the illegible one mine for the Area 7 3 gun???? :)

Rob, was the illegible one mine for the Area 7 3 gun???? :)

I don't think so - I just haven't gotten to putting together the 3-Gun confirmation letters. At least you had the printed address on your check and didn't use staple, and you didn't ask me to hold a bunch of slots for people who haven't sent in their registration.

I run smaller matches so I can still hold slots without too much trouble but on the handwriting and check stapling, I feel your pain. I'm in the process of getting everyone signed up for the Mississippi Classic and it's a 30 minute to an hour job every night just handling registrations. I did help myself out a bit this year by putting the match app out there as an editable pdf form. Quite a few of the competitors are finding and using that one so they can type in the majority of their info before they print out the app. I thought about going so far as setting up a paypal with an online form to try to automate the registrations but I wasn't sure if we were quite ready for that yet. Anyone else try automating registration with online payment yet?

Edited by John Heiter

I hate it when -

-

Had 14 such checks stapled to applications in my PO Box this morning.

I'm getting pretty good with a staple remover though.

Ted

Anyone else try automating registration with online payment yet?

Area 2 has had online registration and payments set up for years. Not for the A2 match, but all the other matches! I think Jerry Mallard is still running the website - ping him and tell him I sent ya :wub:

PLEEZ right lejublee - we may get it ryte (than a gin, may bee knot...) :P

Area 5 championship is also using online registration:

http://2006.uspsa-area5.org/registration.html

I just can't figure out how to stuff the money into the monitor.. :huh:

Yeah, that was the intent, no darn handwritten forms. Then if some how they mangle the form we still have a copy.

I was actually contemplating on the option of a credit card but I refuse to use PayPal because of their stance on firearms.