Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Uspsa Area 6 3 Gun Championships Nov 3-5

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Sam,

Looking forward to seeing you again! Sharon and I are still looking for a place to practice here in Chatt, so look for us in the sloooow lane. We are making up for it with cool shirts though. Just got our first shipment of Spectre DR's in so I may shoot a brand new scope too. How stupid is that!?!?

Mark, Don, and Co.,

Thanks for having this match again. Great last year and looks to be even better this time. Been practicing my Lewinsky kneeling stance for the low / high walls. I can never remember which ones I need to shoot under... maybe I need to figure that out before I shoot!

Hopalong take it easy on us slow HM shooters. I know it'll be fun, this 3 gun stuff is a blast. Look forward to seeing everyone. The nice thing about HM is you get a kick out of every shot :) .

Ryan

Just wanted to post and let you all know what’s cooking this weekend.

The menu is going to be BBQ pork & chicken, fried catfish & hushpuppies, spicy chili. With coleslaw and potato salad for sides.

The price will be free for RO’s, $7 for everyone else and kids under 12 eat free.

Ryan

The ROs & Vendors will be shooting the match Friday afternoon. Don't count on using the range for anything.

On the otherhand, if you can find the Range Master (Don Woosley), he may be able to help you. At least that's what he told me tonight when I asked him your question.

Mark Hearn

Quick report:

Haven't fired a single round and will tell you already that this is going to be a great match. Mark and crew have busted their butt to get this thing ready and I think it'd be about impossible to find a MD that's as accomodating and gracious as Mark Hearn. He's been far beyond helpful and as far as I can tell, hasn't missed a beat on anything related to this match.

After letting work on my rifle and pistol in his garage, "the RO crew" got together for some grubbage at a local spot and it was nice to see some ol' faces again (benelli2) and some faces that I'd yet to meet here on the boards (itento, et. al.). If I crash and burn tomorrow, it already won't matter, 'cause this is going to be FUN (now if we can just convince the weather to warm up a smidge, that'd be PERFECT)!

Hope to see y'all this weekend. I'll be the big fat kid with a Camelback and CPWSA hat on. Stop by and say hey.

Rich

Wow...a great match in the can. Gotta love it. It was great to meet a bunch of new people that hopefully are new friends (Roger, Malcom, Tammy, Woogie, Stefon, Pete, et. al.) and great to catch up with folks on the boards. I got to meet hopalong, chp5 (Thanks again Cy...I really mean it) and 00bullet along with catching up with old friends like benelli2 and bear1142.

Thanks to the match staff. Mark Hearn is the best! Period. Woogie...an awesome Range Master, to my fellow RO's, an awesome crew and great, great people. Thank you for doin' the work you did.

To the match sponsors, Sabre Defence, Blackhawk, The Civilian Marksmanship Program, Larue Tactical and Springfield Armory, thank you for your seemingly endless support and welcome to two newer sponsors (I'm personally really happy to meet David from Sabre Defence as well as hopefully a new growing partnership with the CMP). To the stage sponsors and general sponsors, thank you for everything. The prize table couldn't be, without y'all. Truly thanks.

The match was great! For y'all that didn't attend, it was a blast to say the least. Great, great, GREAT stages. 9 stages and each required you to be a shooter, not just someone that can pull a trigger. The shotgun stages in particular (thanks to Roger Cash) were some of the best stages I've ever had a chance to shoot. They forced you to know your targets, transition, get to a position and setup quickly, hit your reloads and most of all....DON'T MISS.

The rifle stages were simple, yet enough challenge to be interesting. I'm sure that the folks there wish they could get some more yardage but for what's available, they were great (I'd still shoot Dark Shadows the same, just a lil' more light would have been nice). Pistol stages were cool. Again, simple and you just had to do what we can do.

If y'all can attend one match next year, I'd definitely put the Area 6 3-Gun on that list. The staff busts their butt and put on a great match. I'll be back in '08.

Thanks again to everyone and shootin' with everyone again reminds me that USPSA has not only the best shooters in the world, but some of the best people. Thank you for being who y'all are and God bless each of you.

Rich

Rich

Thanks for those nice words. I actually enjoyed most of the process of working on this match.

Great support. I'm starting to work on the FrontSite article. This one should be easy with all the fun stories to tell (Range Master DQed, Sam may not be a HeMan after all).

Some results:

Open Champ & Area 6 Open Champ - Chris Tilley

Limited Champ & Area 6 Limited Champ- Tom Carpenter

Tactical Champ & Area 6 Tactical Champ- Jeff Cramblit

He Man - Michael Fordyce

Top Lady in Limited - Cheryl Fordyce

Top Lady in Open - Tammie Pruit

Top Lady in Tactical - Lori Casper

1st Senior in Limited - Richard Skiff

1st Senior in Open - Lee Siira

1st Senior in Tactical - Randy Patton

1st Super Senior in Limited - Michael Fordyce

1st Super Senior in Open - Charles Whidden

1st Super Senior in Tactical - Bob Bessinger

Thanks to everyone that helped. Thanks to all the competitors. Hope to see you all next year.

Mark Hearn

Match Director

Rich, sorta said it all already but it was a great match. Sponsors must have known ahead what the quality was to be as they stepped up in Huge way, thanks to Sabre Defence, CMP, BlackHawk, CRKT, Larue, DPMS, Glock, Springfield, Saw custon, Chris Patty, and all the rest.

Nice round count well balanced between blasters, ran smooth with no real delays. Stages left many options for ways to be shot or shooting positions, which left us wondering if we made the right decision, food was down home tasty, prize table was first rate on the level of much bigger matches, RO's are a wonderful efficient bunch of folks just there to make sure everyone has a good time, and the best part is always the people, it was great to see all the old friends, spend time with as many as you can, meet some new ones and be suprised at who showed up and was not expected, compare guns and gear, great to see you all.

If the match is here again next year so I will be and hope to help out more next year.

Thanks Mark, Roger, Woogie, Glen I know it could not happen with out you guys

Until Benning

Adios

jeff

Mark , Woogie and all that helped , You folks ran a first class match!

Brent , Lenard and I had a great time and thank you.

After being out of the game for 8 years this match recharged my desire to get back shooting.

If you missed this years , you missed a great one!

To all the sponsors , THANK YOU! We will remember you on our next buy/build :D

Para069

rich

i enjoyed shooting with you on friday. if i could use those teck loaders like you do i might would have giving chris a run for open.[ ha ha ] thanks for working the match.to have a great match it takes people like you to come in and give us a hand. i would also like to thank our friends from georgia that came over and worked their butts off to help us out.brian thompson--dan duval---cindy an bill. thanks to stefan an peter adams for their help.an thanks to the guys that came in to ro on friday. geff--malcom--david an i know i"m leaving someone out.if i did thank you to. congratulations to all the winners,.hope every one had a good time.see every one at benning.

roger cash