Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G20/21 Magwells

Glk21C

From what I can tell there are not many manufacturers of a large frame (G20/21) magwell. It appears as though only

Glockmeister

makes one for the large frame. I am definetly not opposed to buying anything from Ben, I just want to know all the options out there. Dawson's ICE might, I just haven't had success confirming that yet. If you know of another manufacturer of magwells for LARGE frame Glocks I would very much appreciate it and if you could reply with their name and even better a website.

Thanks everyone.

From what I can tell there are not many manufacturers of a large frame (G20/21) magwell. It appears as though only

Thanks everyone.

3 years ago, I was shooting a G21 for CDP in IDPA. I put a JP mag well on it. It was black anodized aluminum. It worked very well and I had no complaints.

Darin

Currently Glockmeister is the only manufacturer of G20/21 magazine wells. Neither JP nor Dawson offer one at the present time. There is a ray of hope though I am currently funding a prototype from NHO where he is making his Stainless Big Mouth magazine well for a G20/21 frame. http://www.handgunneroutlet.net/

http://www.bb-enterprise.biz/productCat44072.ctlg

Edited by ryucasta

• 4 weeks later...

Spoke to Tom Novak http://www.novakshandgunneroutlet.com/ today and I'll be receiving my two Prototype NHO Big Mouth G20/21 magazine wells by this Thursday. The Stainless (USPSA Limited) version weighs in at 7.5 oz and the Aluminum (IDPA G21) one weighs in at 4.4 oz. Once I have them I'll provide photos.

Edited by ryucasta

Rocket,

Would you happen to know what the Lightning Strike magazine wells weigh? Anyway seems like NHO has one more competitor besides Glockmiester in the Glock Large Frame Magazine Wells.

Will the Lightning Strike magwell fit Arredondo basepads? That's what I'm using in my G20. It would have to seat a mag as if the magwell isn't there. No forcing it in.

I'm eagerly waiting for Raul to test his prototypes. He did mention they are specifically made for the Arredondo's.

Frank,

You are mistaken as far as the weight is concerned for a magazine well in IDPA competition. Please refer to the following email from IDPA Headquarters for the actual magazine well weight requirements.

To your first question the answer is yes, you can use the aluminum slug for ESP and CDP.

As to your second question, there is not a specified weight for mag wells. The aluminum or the plastic one will be alright. The two things to be aware of when looking at when adding something like that is

a. does it go over weight limit for that division

b. does it still fit in an IDPA box.

When looking at after market parts a good way to tell if it is not legal is to ask yourself, Is this part designed first to add extra weight then provide a function (as in a brass mag well)? If the answer is yes you could be in trouble. <g>

I hope this answers your question. Please let me now if I can be of any further assistance.

Robert Ray

International Defensive Pistol Association

870-545-3886

Edited by ryucasta

They finally came and they have exceeded all of my expectations. Please refer to the attached adobe file for the pictures of the magazine wells and the firearms that they are being used on. BTW, Tom provides a brass and a plastic lanyard plug.

MagazineWells.pdf

Edited by ryucasta

will Tom stock these now? or is this just a special order for you and he will consider stocking if enough intrest is shown? Let us know, I'm still in the market for a mag well and havn't decided which one.

I think 20 rds + 1 in the pipe is plenty heavy already! What makes the G20 already shoot so soft is the very heavy slide. I just need a funnel that fits.

I just ordered a California Competition Works magwell for my G20 from Brownells too. It's cheap, and if it doesn't fit the Arredondo's, it can easily be dremeled. Seems it is made for the stock magazine pad, then it should clear most basepads already. That's a good thing, then I don't have to keep removing it.

In the future I still might get the Raul magwell when it is available because I know that's going to work for me for sure. Thanks Raul... you da man!

Colt,

Out of the box the CCW Glock Magazine Well leaves much to be desired. It has been my experience with those magazine wells that you will need to tweak them to make sure the magazines drop free when you press the magazine release. I also found that they have no customer support worth mentioning. Needless to say the Glock G17 sized and G20/21 sized frame magazine wells that I purchased from them have been relegated to the unused parts box many moons ago.

Edited by ryucasta

Colt,

Out of the box the CCW Glock Magazine Well leaves much to be desired. It has been my experience with those magazine wells that you will need to tweak them to make sure the magazines drop free when you press the magazine release. I also found that they have no customer support worth mentioning. Needless to say the Glock G17 sized and G20/21 sized frame magazine wells that I purchased from them have been relegated to the unused parts box many moons ago.

Thanks for the heads up!

Did you go over there. They are right by you in Culver City.

I'll know right out of the box if it is worth tweeking. If not it goes right back where I got it.

This way my unused parts box is bearable. All in all I got more parts for my glocks than the cost of each gun.

Edited by coltgov

Just installed my Large CCW Glock Magazine Well on my G20 with finger grooves current generation. Works perfect with a little modification, and ingenuity. Used a butt plug instead of the metal piece that came with it to secure the magwell. Looks factory now too both outwardly and looking directly into the magwell.

There is an added benefit. The magwell creates a shelf for the bottom of the weak hand which helps to control recoil.

The stock mag still sticks out .125 inch from the bottom so it definitely is IDPA legal.

Arredondo base pads fits perfectly too. Mags drop and seat just as if it wern't there.

The way I installed it, the magwell is very tight. Can't make it wiggle at all as hard as I could try. Like a rock!

Edited by coltgov