Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stage Design "flavors"

Go with Zombies, all upper A/B hits at close range.

Did I mention this was a shotgun slug stage?

Rob,

Just remember how long it takes to patch up all the wad holes in close by no shoots. Also, that shotgun stages tend to be much more of a reloading match than shooting match.

Dan

I have designed a stage for an upcoming match, but can give it one of two "flavors". In each case, the shooting required is identical - the only difference is the stage title and some of the decorative props (if we get that fancy).

The stage is set in a wally world discount store. The choices are :

1. Night of the living dead - zombies always seem to converge on shopping malls
  2. Floodwaters - need I say more here?

One is a carnival type stage with no basis in reality; the other is particularly relevant to today's world.

Since both offer the same shooting, the only issue is one of presentation. I'm interested in seeing what people think.

Zombies.

Just remember, all the Docu-dramas and Training tapes that have been produced since the '60's require a head shot to put them down for good. ;)

If I can address this from the standpoint of what makes a good, adventurous, entertaining TV series (for me at least). Way out Sci-Fi can be cool and they have their appeal. However, the closer to reality the fiction is the more potential the story has to be thrilling, convincing and thus entertaining.

Take the current success of the man soap opera 24 as an example. It is a great feat for a series to make it through the first couple of seasons. I would hazard a guess that it's nearness to reality adds exponentially to it's popularity. Contrast that to one of my favorite 1980's TV miniseries, TV movie and series V that lasted for one season. V was (and is) popular in a narrow niche while 24 casts a much wider net.

Contrast that with Battlestar Galactica, one of the best shows on TV now. They are making the 3rd season now. Sci-Fi all the way!

My bad. I forgot that New Orleans is, or at least was, a major voodoo center in addition to being in a flood plain.

... that was my biggest problem with the Flood scenario. You would have to work in a super dome, broken dykes, people trying to disarm you per the mayors orders, and a Mardi Gras party at the end.

Some light reading for you during your zombie research:

The Zombie Survival Guide

WTF is "Foodwater"? Is that the condensation you get on the inside of a Tupperware container when you're microwaving something? :P

Probably hot pocket spew.

I voted for zombies, too. Rob, how about making the heads clay birds. They really explode when you hit them with shot. Pretty cool. No zombie in a movie ever survived that, pun intended. :D

Liota

Zombies all the way, unless you can produce a stage where shooters have to actually negotiate chest-deep waters and reload from beneath the surface.

Thank goodness for this thread! I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks Avery needs to lighten up a bit. I'd like to see him design a year's worth of "realistic" 32 round field courses, to simulate all those times when a lone handgunner tactically charges 16 bad guys head on.

Let's all vote for zombies just to get even with Avery for writing that stupid article.

:ph34r::lol::):P:rolleyes::wacko:B);):ph34r:

+1 Ron

I can't believe the article was actually published in FS.

I am actually dumber now for having read it.

+ 101 JAKE! ;)

Edited by C.Keen

ZOMBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And a Bill Drill on each with two more in the Upper A/B to make sure they're dea...um, engaged.

Edited by gino_aki

• 4 months later...

And the BIPSC debate lives on (or at least the comments :D ).

Zombies! Come on, is there any doubt? I feel like I'm stuck in a Milwakee's best beer commercial, and I'm waiting for the big can to land on the wuss that says the other title (won't say it, afraid of the can).

I would prefer to look at Zombie targets all weekend. Perhaps even some White Zombie music playing? I''ve got a couple of their CDs at home...

Edited by Mooney

• 7 months later...