Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magwell?

sandman_sy

Hey guys, im a beginer that's having trouble with my reloading, especially if my mag is full (17 bullets max). My gun is a 40 caliber with majority of the parts STI. I see most of the competitors' guns have magwells, should i use one?? What are the advantages and disadvantages?? and what brand would be gr8t to use?? thanx y'all! :P

Hey guys, im a beginer that's having trouble with my reloading, especially if my mag is full (17 bullets max). My gun is a 40 caliber with majority of the parts STI. I see most of the competitors' guns have magwells, should i use one?? What are the advantages and disadvantages?? and what brand would be gr8t to use?? thanx y'all! :P

If you want to play IPSC and your reloads are not that good, than yeah get a magwell. Or dont, but almost everybody does, because its just a game. do lots of dry fire mag changes and eventually you will probably not need one, but it does help to have one.

If you are shooting in a division where a magwell is legal per the rules by all means GET ONE!!!!

They won't make you a reloading superman. But they do tame the amount of times where your reload takes a plunging ride south in a basket......

I use to do 50 dry fire a day, now i do 30 dry fires and 30 reload drills, with 3 target, hav been practicing with the whole reload thing. If any of you guys hav any suggestion on how to practice reloading the right way, please, please post! :) thanx.

BTW, i do my reload practice by engaging the 3 targets (2 shots each), quickly moving my weak hand to get the mag while the strong hand pushes the mag release, the sad thing is i lose time in inserting the mag:( I slow down right where i insert mag). I found out that i lose more time when i miss with the mag. Please help :(

Edited by sandman_sy

• 7 months later...