Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oh_m_god On Battlestar Galactica

Rikarin

Couldn't find the original thread... so what the heck and I am goona start....

Just frakking unbelievable. I saw the new mini-series last night. What a great production. Better than so many movies out there! Great casting - all believable, real people. Great char actors and performance - so much emotions I can feel, I was crying with them constantly, in real, just exhausted in 1 hour or so and needed to pause and regroup! Not only that, it was good war movie too and all I can say was WHOA! And the lines! Who wore the script? Every time the Admiral gives speeches, I had chills. Never happened before watching the movie!

It's just too bad that it's devolved into what SG-1 and Atlantis have devolved into: some big story line that needs resolution, but they throw minor story lines in in order to keep the series going (to get different writers on the show; because they can't come up with an involved plot line that would take a long time to resolve; whatever).

Yeah I watch it too,

Im off today with a sick little girl to tend to. The original 80's ones are on today on sci-fi channel. The ones where they make it to Earth. I wonder if the new series will get there?

... because they can't come up with an involved plot line that would take a long time to resolve

They already made it back to earth years ago. How about if they took up the mission of "The search for the Ultimate Question"? Is seven and a half million years a long enough time for resolution? Wait ... someone is already doing that.

... because they can't come up with an involved plot line that would take a long time to resolve

They already made it back to earth years ago.

That explains the sex change for Starbuck... musta settled in Wyoming.

How about if they took up the mission of "The search for the Ultimate Question"? Is seven and a half million years a long enough time for resolution? Wait ... someone is already doing that.

Yeah, but the Earth already exists, 'cause they're looking for it. Which means the mice had already commissioned it. My question: where do interdimensional beings whose protrusion into our dimension has them appearing as mice come up with the capital to have a planet built?

Dude, they charged it, duh!!! ;) American Express; don't leave home without it!

My question: where do interdimensional beings whose protrusion into our dimension has them appearing as mice come up with the capital to have a planet built?

The new BSG is frackin great. Even with my cable being out for over a week, at least I'm still able to get BSG off the internet. If that wasn't possible, I'd probably go frackin postal on Comcast. Hopefully my cable will be restored before the end of the week. They are rewiring the underground cables. I don't want to miss the season finale, it should be good.

The new BSG is frackin great. Even with my cable being out for over a week, at least I'm still able to get BSG off the internet. If that wasn't possible, I'd probably go frackin postal on Comcast. Hopefully my cable will be restored before the end of the week. They are rewiring the underground cables. I don't want to miss the season finale, it should be good.

Where are you getting it online?

Where are you getting it online?

iTunes.

• 7 months later...

My favorite show, period. I missed the first two episodes because my hotel at the Nationals didn't have the SF channel, but I got back up to speed with the help of another BE BSG fan and a website.

I still can't believe Saul put down his wife. After what she did, I'm not sure I could have done it.

the Pegasus was the better ship

I hated to see this also, but she did take out three base ships. How about all the firepower she poured on the first ship when she came to rescue the Galactica. I love the close combat scenes, like when she went right down the middle of all the base ships and was taking on all three. Pretty awesome.

(I know, I'm a geek, but I'm comfortable with it. :P )

Erik

I was very disappointed with the Oct 20 episode. One of the things that SG-1, SG Atlantis, and now BSG have tended to do over the years is wander back and forth in the balance between the human interest and action sides of the story. This episode of BSG could have been a nail-biting action packed episode but instead this huge space battle with some really really cool tactics is reduced to a couple of snippets. Remember the battle in the first couple of episodes... those were much better done.

You have to admit, FTL jumping into the atmosphere and free falling long enough to launch fighters is an original and wicked tactic and a hell of a distraction for enemy ground forces.