Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brokeback Mountain Jokes...

Ron Ankeny

As a third generation Wyomingite, I am just fed up with the Brokeback Mountain jokes. In this land where men are men and sheep are nervous, the idea of alternative lifestyles is not something we take lightly. Now I hear the Hollywood crowd is proposing a Lesbian sequel to Brokeback Mountain. According to local rumors, the perfect location has been found just South of town on Beaver Rim.

If I was a girl... Id be a lesbian ;)

I'm usually not fond of t-shirts with catchphrases, but I saw a picture awhile ago of a 300+ lbs biker wearing a t-shirt that said "I'm a lesbian trapped in a 300lbs biker's body". I laughed. A lot.

That is like the woman on the airplane who meets the cowboy...they strike up a conversation and the gal tells himshe is a lesbian...she thinks about women morning, noon, and night...all that she can think about is women...then she asks the cowboy what he does...

He tells her he thought he used to be a cowboy who broke horses, fixed fence, and branded cattle, but now he believes he is a lesbian... :lol:

At an indoor shoot this weekend, another shooter was telling us that he'd heard about the next real-man-turns-gay movie. The next wave in this perverted fantasy is reportedly about two professional baseball players that supposedly "fall in love" during a world series.

We can laugh at the jokes, but the situation isn't really funny. The greatest source of pain in people's lives is the denial of what is. What one does in private is between them and their Creator. But, when a society openly embraces such a denial, we are headed for a long stretch of trouble. America has always been a land of freedom and plenty because we have usually accepted the situation and dealt with it accordingly. This is the legacy of the true cowboy. The same can be said of all our heros. Watch for similar slanderous attacks on the virtue of our military men, our police, and our firefighters to follow. Every heroic figure that a young male mind should want to imitate will soon be dragged into this cesspool.

Within every man, there is a warrior. And this warrior sees danger! We must recognize this threat and deal with it. It is time to re-enforce the front lines. Political correctness and gay rights are all about denying the truth. Speak the truth and take the heat. If the truth is spoke in a joke, so be it.

I hope the Brokeback jokes continue. Maybe they can serve as parables to associate shame with perversion.

BTW, they had to film that movie in Canada and the cow-gays were from Hollywood.

Maybe they can serve as parables to associate shame with perversion.

Sam, would you humor me with your definition of "perversion"? I'm not looking for examples, but an actual definition which subsumes the examples.