Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shot Show

Randy Lee

They have everything in the factory to make a brilliant 6 shot .45 revolver. All they should do is build it and I would shoot it.

Raging Bull frame 6.5" barrel, Ti cylinder and some minor mods, like serrated trigger, chamfered chargeholes, and you're set.

If the durability is great (you could always have it Tin-ed, chromed of Tenifered) it would be just as good or better than a standard 625.

I don't know if Merkle makes a Taurus release. I have always used the old style factory release and I love it. Taurus factory release looks just like that one.

Edited by spook

They have everything in the factory to make a brilliant 6 shot .45 revolver. All they should do is build it and I would shoot it.

Raging Bull frame 6.5" barrel, Ti cylinder and some minor mods, like serrated trigger, chamfered chargeholes, and you're set.

If the durability is great (you could always have it Tin-ed, chromed of Tenifered) it would be just as good or better than a standard 625.

I don't know if Merkle makes a Taurus release. I have always used the old style factory release and I love it. Taurus factory release looks just like that one.

That will be the next project... I needed to get my foot in the door first. :P

Hello all,

Back from the SHOT Show and was wondering if anyone else went and saw anything new for us BE revo shooters.

The only thing I saw of an unusual nature was Smith's 327 TRR(Tactical Response Revolver).

Now you too can have a Surfire light attached to your favorite 8 shot. :blink:

From customglock.com

SW 327TRR

cool....

Hey, Randy...on the Ti cylinder for the 627's...why not chamber it in 9x23 Winchester...then you can fire 9x23, .38 Super AND 9mm Para out of the same gun...NEAT, huh???....mikey357

Jimmy Rae is searching for the reamer at the factory...

That is remarkable cooperation from a factory. My dream ICORE gun was always a 6.5" 9mm revolver (see previous threads). A Taurus long barreled .45 acp would also be welcomed if they can do something about the weight of their large framed revolvers and their reliability. Any estimate of cost???

Hey, Randy...on the Ti cylinder for the 627's...why not chamber it in 9x23 Winchester...then you can fire 9x23, .38 Super AND 9mm Para out of the same gun...NEAT, huh???....mikey357

Jimmy Rae is searching for the reamer at the factory...

a cylinder chambered for 9x23 would be very cool...wow..very exciting year for revolvers...

A 6.5" 9x19-21-23- super-356TSW with a Ti cylinder at a retail price of under $600 would really put the hurt on Smith... Heck, .380 8 shot anyone? :P

This Revo with a 6-shot replacement cylinder will be my gun for TeamTaurusEurope!

B)

I think, I can get Ralph to make some Taurus releases (think a modification of the Smith release should be possible?!).... :rolleyes:

I´m ready!

DVC!

Sascha

maybe, they´ll sponsor a trip to IRC...?

Edited by cooper_999

A 6.5" 9x19-21-23- super-356TSW with a Ti cylinder at a retail price of under $600 would really put the hurt on Smith... Heck, .380 8 shot anyone? :P

This Revo with a 6-shot replacement cylinder will be my gun for TeamTaurusEurope!

B)

I think, I can get Ralph to make some Taurus releases (think a modification of the Smith release should be possible?!).... :rolleyes:

I´m ready!

DVC!

Sascha

maybe, they´ll sponsor a trip to IRC...?

Sascha, the modification to make a Smith release fit on a Taurus is a simple cut where it would fit up to the (internal bar). There is a slot that it muct fit. I made such a mod when I was shooting the Taurus. built many years ago from a 44 mag changed to a 38 super 8 shot. If their metalurgy has improved it can be a good revo.

Sascha, the modification to make a Smith release fit on a Taurus is a simple cut where it would fit up to the (internal bar). There is a slot that it muct fit. I made such a mod when I was shooting the Taurus. built many years ago from a 44 mag changed to a 38 super 8 shot. If their metalurgy has improved it can be a good revo.

thanks Bubber, that sounds good - but first, there has to be the "TTE" and second, I have to be "in"....;)

(just dreaming a little bit.... :D )

DVC!

Sascha

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...