Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Collection Agencies- Looking For Neighbor

Ted Murphy

Some A-hole collection agent called me at home today, asking me to go across the street to tell my neighbor to call him.

(so much for having an unlisted telephone number)

I was.... not kind to the person, even resorting to the dreaded "C word" when she told me she would not remove me from their list.

I suppose it is an intimidation/embarrasment tactic. I'm sure as heck not going to go across the street and talk to the guy about it.

Ted

I still get calls for a neighbor that moved 3 years ago. My conversations have degenerated at times into discussions of the collection agency caller's Mother, Grandmother and offers to meet at his location to discuss his continued calling of me regarding my ex neighbor. I have been told I would continue to receive calls until I found out where the neighbor moved and "made" them call the collection agency.

If there is anything living on this earth that is lower than a collection agency employee that resorts to such tactics........

All I can hope for is to be driving down a dark and deserted road some night and see one of these cretins changing a tire on the traffic side of the road....

I hate that these kinds of lowlife, power hungry, scum sucking, incompetent, "waste of space", freeloading, "can't hold any other job" morons, have me screening all my calls with Caller ID, and an answering machine !!

Of course, now, I never actually have to talk to these cretans anymore.

Carl

If you tell them to "cease and desist", they cannot call you anymore under the fair debt collection practices act. That is usually for the debtor, but may apply in your case, may be worth a try. The new search engines on the net, and with the credit reporting agencies often have "view neighbor information" functions that give them your information obtained from multiple sources, many multiple sources.

Next time they call, take down the return number. Call your phone company and report a harrassment call and report the return number. Give the phone company all the details. The collection agency will stop calling you.

I used to get the same kind of calls and it worked for me.

Nolan

Next time they call, take down the return number. Call your phone company and report a harrassment call and report the return number. Give the phone company all the details. The collection agency will stop calling you.

I used to get the same kind of calls and it worked for me.

Nolan

A former employee (that I fired) continued to get collection calls for six months after I told them that he had been terminated and no I didn't have any clue where he was. They didn't get that since I had fired him it wasn't likely that he was keeping in touch.

We changed the extension number. The helpful campus switchboard operator provided them with the new extension.

They continued to call.

The last time they called I asked them for their contact information including physical address, mailing address, phone number, owner's name, etc.

They stupidly gave me all the info but owner's name then asked why and I told them I needed it because the Attorney General's office required it in order to take action against them for harassment of state employees.

The calls stopped.

I still get calls for a neighbor that moved 3 years ago. My conversations have degenerated at times into discussions of the collection agency caller's Mother, Grandmother and offers to meet at his location to discuss his continued calling of me regarding my ex neighbor. I have been told I would continue to receive calls until I found out where the neighbor moved and "made" them call the collection agency.

If there is anything living on this earth that is lower than a collection agency employee that resorts to such tactics........

All I can hope for is to be driving down a dark and deserted road some night and see one of these cretins changing a tire on the traffic side of the road....

Call phone company, report phone harassment.

Call police, report phone harassment.

Check into violations of the FDCPA, it may be worth $1000 per violation.

I detest collection agencies.

Edited by GeorgeInNePa