Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When Sailors Have Been At Sea Too Long

Nolan

That is some great comedy!!!

Reminds me of some of the silly crap we used to do while bored out of our minds floating around in circles...

It's also great to see that not only do we have the best fighting force in the world we also have some very intellegent/creative people too. Maybe not the best dancers, but...

:D:PB)

Lets throw a challenge down for Chet to top that with a shooting video. Maybe with Shred doing a 'Moon walk' :D

Or !! Shred waring his new stage medal like a Rapper...hat on backwards singing the 'Ro just trying to keep him dowwnnn' but he be just too Hot

Edited by AlamoShooter

Lunchtime movies here in Eugene, Oregon! Wow, I nearly laughed my sandwich all over the keyboard. S**t, those guys ALL have the moves...! I'd be proud to dance with ANY of 'em!! :wub:

Not just a few of them reminded me strangely of a few of my shooting friends here in town... :lol::lol:

OUTSTANDING!!!!!

I imagine this video falling into the hands of some terrorists and then I die laughing imaginaning the look of complete confusion on their faces. How do you even begin to explain the effort that went into this without 2 or 3 hours of cultural reference which they wouldnt understand.

I have an MPEG entitled "Kosovo" that was passed along from a friend who did some contract work over there a year ago. A full-length version of a cover/take-off on the tune "Kokomo." It's hilarious and rather well done. I just don't know how to launch/link a movie to a forum post......

I imagine this video falling into the hands of some terrorists and then I die laughing imaginaning the look of complete confusion on their faces. How do you even begin to explain the effort that went into this without 2 or 3 hours of cultural reference which they wouldnt understand.

Uh, I think some of the cultural references are lost on me....Cactuar? Darn funny video tho'

DRAGOSTEA DIN TEI (Numa Numa)

Anybody care to translate?

Is this a popular song or something?

Ok .. I fess up .. its all my fault. Well sorta. The song is by a Romanian band, and those guys got spawned close to where I did as well. The song is beyond meaningless though I can translate it for anyone crazy enough to want me too. I first heard it about a year ago when of my co-workers brought to my attention because apparently at a Bar Mitzvah in his familiy all the little girls were playing this song pretty much in a loop for hours. After that the dumbass song seemed to apear EVERYWHERE, on the internet, even as the background music for my local TV morning news. It seems to be finally fading away into the pit of hell from which it has spawned.

The saddest part about that song is that I've seen the orginal music video for the song and the english subtitles made a LOT more sense then the original romanian lyrics.

As for the title ... 'Tei' is an very aromatic tree which lines most of the old streets of Bucharest. It has a pleasent aroma when it is flowering and when you have a 1000 trees along a bulevard it makes a serious statement. The tree is often related to various romatic concepts mostly because of the whole teens walking through parks holding hands under the perfumed trees. The closest relative of the tree in the US is the "lime tree" which doesnt grow as big and it is not as perfumed. The translation of the title would be "The love from lime trees", and if I just wrote that you would have all called me crazy which is why I just spent 10 minutes trying to explain that inane song.

I need a shower now.

I am a contractor and some times I have Mexican crews work on the jobs that like play Latin radio stations. I have fun by telling them Ok fine ...But some one will have to tell me what the songs are about when I ask. Only one time did all of them agree about what a song was about.

Normaly it goes like this = The song is bout how he cares for a lost girl,, the next guy says =no no no = he sing about his mother,... the next guy =no no he sing about his girl his woooman. .... no no its about his friends woooman. ... B)

I may actually FTP it to my ISP's server and try and link it from there. It's not exactly a small file, though... :o ...unless someone else has it already launched somewhere. Yes, it IS funny.

I saw the video on Break.com. Formerly big-boys.com.

http://www.break.com/index/kosovo.html

Huston in Austin

Thanks! ...Linda a me laughed untill we cried