Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Summer Blast July 7-9

Hello fellow forum members,

Just wanted to let you know that things are progressing rather well for the 206 Summer Blast scheduled for July 7-9, 2006 at York, PA.

As usual we will have our traditional 10 stages with a round count of 246. Last year was our first year at York and I must say that the crew at IWL lead by Howard Thonpson was a tremendous help. I could not ask for any better. I let them know what I needed and they made it happen. From a match director's stand point, they made my life easy. Each year I make a mistake or two somewhere in the administration, and each year after that I make a correction. 2005 was no different.

So what is in store for you as a shooter, last year we cut it loose with close fast targets. In 2006 expect to see a mix of speed and accuracy. Moving targets are in play this year as well. We will stay with our tradition, no funky starting positions, shoot them as you see them stages, 14 different ways to shoot a stage and flat out fun.

For a nominal fee of $75 in 2005 we were able to take care of our match staff, get every shooter a shirt and still donate over $3000 to charity. 2006 fee $75

I almost forgot to say thanks for all the great words last year on the forum. Yes, the hurricane washed out a half day of shooting but by 1pm that afternoon we were sending lead downrange.

We are in need of match staff should anyone wish to learn or take part of being a member of a tournament staff. It is work but I get to see many shooters, have a great conversation, see their smiles and laugh with them when they miss a target or two. :)

I look forward to seeing each of you at the Summer Blast. Come out have a great time and enjoy the sport.

For moe information and a match application you can email me at azone40@adelphia.net or go to the web page www.lchico.5u.com

Take care, Larry

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there going to be shirts this year?

We are thinking of doing a shirt that will be very unique to the Summer Blast for 2006.

Lets take a poll, would shooters rather have a very nice match shirt or another typr of gift and is so what would you like within a reasonable price range.

Are there going to be shirts this year?

We are thinking of doing a shirt that will be very unique to the Summer Blast for 2006.

Lets take a poll, would shooters rather have a very nice match shirt or another typr of gift and is so what would you like within a reasonable price range.

Match shirts are always nice, IF it is shooting related. ;)

Hint, a frog with a rocket tied to it doesn't say, "pistol match" to me.

A few targets, maybe a popper, hey I'm just saying...

:)

OK, allow me to help clarify the shirt is in reference to the frog.

We wanted to do something with a firecracker, a piece of dynamite or something to that effect. I was surfing the net one day and came across the frog with the rocket.

The running joke was that the match was going to be washed away since the previous year York lost most all their props when the berm next to the creek broke and down stream the items went.

Thus the frog...and now you know the rest of the story.

As for polo shirts, expense is the biggest reason since we are trying to provide an item for shooters without stretching the budget.

Has anyone considered something other than a shirt?

Chris, my LE friend. That was a combination WV, VA and your beloved PA. Be careful out there kids. Just trying to be different than a target or a popper sticking it tongue out at you.

What type of mascot would you suggest?

Edited by sbmd

I'll be there with my snorkel watching for "all that water coming down off the mountain"...Sorry Larry...couldn't resist!!! :lol: Seriously, Me and Mrs. Barrettone will be working a stage again for Larry. You don't want to miss this match!!! It is one of the smoothest, well-produced matches I have ever worked, and the people are very freindly and eager to please. They really go out of their way to give shooters their monies worth.

And did I mention stats??? They are about the quickest I have seen at getting things in the compuer and posted. Linda Chico and company really are "shooter friendly" as well...not something you always see at a major...they actually have an "open door" policy with shooters...unbelievable.

As for the shirts, I liked the frog, but maybe something different this year. Has anybody thought about a nice folding knife with "Summer Blast" bead-blasted onto it? Might cost around $25-$30 though for something decent. Other ideas might include baseball caps, gun covers or gun bags (individual gun bags / pouches...not a whole bag) with the match logo stitched or silk-screened on them, or possibly even a cooler, water bottle / jug with the match logo. It needs to be something personal and unique to the match IMHO, and be something every shooter needs for his range gear anyway. Just my .02.

Cheers,

Jeff

Edited by Barrettone

Thanks for mentioning us, we do appriciate it. I will contact Larry and see if there is something we can come up with that will be nice and not too costly. If Larry agrees, I can get started right away.

I'll keep you posted on developments.

Joe Procopio

TechwearUSA

HEY I Liked the Frog, thought it was great... lol.. :D

We had recieved a Buck folding knife from the one Area 8 match, great gift, i still use mine daily. Not sure what they cost..

How about A shooting Towel ? Similar to a Golf Towel that you hang on your bag ?

Hats are always popular, but like shirts how many do some guys have ? Pins are ok.. I personally am not a big fan of them but..

Polo i.e. Golf shirts are great but can get expensive. Geez running a golf tournament was easy compared to this, you could always give out golf balls to everyone..

Maybe a gift certificate of some form or vairety ?. Lowes, Home depot etc.. different anyway.

hmm.. I have to check to see if i can even come to this year's.. but we shall see.

Just some idea's hope they spur some other thoughts.

Jeff.

I've wore Area6 golf shirts to the office. They have a nice little embroidered design on the left chest and that's it. They look good with 5.11 shooting shorts or with office khakis.

If you do a golf shirt try to stay away from the full back design and the two huge pistols.

Then again, a new shooting T-shirt is always welcomed. ;)

My $0.02

On a thread-jacking note: Larry I never thanked you for featuring Nelson and Francisco in the Frontsight Junior spotlight. That detail exponentially elevated their enthusiasm towards the sport! ¡GRACIAS! :)

Edited by Nemo

I'm with BSeevers, I like Polo shirts "Golf shirts." I have a pile of crappy T-shirts that never get worn. I would gladly pay the cost difference for a decent Polo shirt.

JPro45, Your shirts are awesome. I hope you can hook up with some of the majors this year and offer some shirts.

Doug

Hello everyone,

I have been monitoring the messages and you input is valued. I am currently in negociations about several things.

Golf towels most likely will be the gift for each shooter.

We are also expolring the option of shirts that each one of you can order on your own. That way you can get exactly what you want. That takes the guess work out of it for me. The shirts would be avilable for you to pick up from the vendor at the match. Joe, from Techwear is currently working on a logo for us. It won't go on a golf shirt but we could come up with something nice such as just wording, that way you can wear it while you are getting frustrated chasing those little white things in a open field. He is also looking at a cool max type shirt that they sell for the logo to go on. Not sure of the price yet but will let you know. I figured that was something that not everyone has.

Attached is the logo that id not totally complete. We are putting the frog in the boat as an RO holding a timer saying "shooter ready" you can guess the bamboo shoot is the shooter under water.

Feed back is always welcome! You thoughts?

Larry

Summer_Blast_Logo_06.pdf

Larry- After last years match.....that's funny. BTW, all of you guys up at York pulled off one amazing match. When I saw the ducks swimming on the skeet ranges and the RO's wearing hip waders, I thought for sure that the match would be cancelled. Way to go!