Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You have to understand how busy Beven is. His parts and services are in high demand, and he is working his tail off. He spent 24 hours driving for about 6 hours of shooting and a wedding this past weekend.

If you've left him a message, he WILL call you back. I spoke with him today about mags for my new Major 9 pistol (he hand-delivered my big stick Saturday at our match here in Albany).

:D

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the responses everyone;

I'll give him another few days to enjoy his vacation before I purchase plane tickets to California and a baseball bat :D

Britin,

You ever get a response from Beven?

I have been watching this thread with some interest. I called Beven in December about doing a slide melted Docter on my Glock open gun. We agreed on the terms and I UPS'ed my stripped out G34 slide. I put a note in the package to please let me know that it arrived ok and left my email address, home phone and cell number. UPS shows that it arrived on January 5th. I have called and emailed ever since to confirm its arrival and to check on the progress of the work and have gotten no response.

I went with Grams because of the great praise the members here gave him, and, I am sure I will love the work when I get the slide back. However, when a man has $600 cash of your money and another $300 worth of gun in his hands, I think a little courtesy goes along way to peck out an email or drop a dime to a customer.

If you are that busy, that means you are making some $$ also, hire some help.

Looking forward to getting my gun back since the outdoor matches begin in March.

Chris

Britin,

You ever get a response from Beven?

Yes, as others have mentioned he has been super-busy, mostly with Docter scopes. They are no longer being imported by anyone and he has been trying to get spare parts for them so he can repair/rebuild the scopes. He's also working with the manufacturer with regard to enhancements to the product and importation etc.

Beven had completed all the work on the slide a long time ago but he was waiting for the parts to upgrade my Docter scope that I sent him. He did not know (cos I didn't tell him) that I already had another Docter scope at home so he could have just sent me the slide and the scope could have followed later.... communication is a two way street and we were both facing the wrong direction :lol:

My slide and scope is on it's way back to me, so I should be able to shoot this weekend. Beven is a stand-up guy and his work is just superb ! :)

My slide and scope is on it's way back to me,

I sent him a doctor site for bullet proofing back in November and have talked to him a couple of times and he said he was having trouble getting parts. So does he have the parts now??? I hate to keep calling him if someone here has the answer.

Guys and Gals,

I just want to clarify my earlier post, I went back and read it and I don't like the way it sounds, plus, I am a new member here. (been lurking as a guest for months)

I don't want to sound like a whiner or sound accusatory of Grams, from the pictures and research I did of his work, it looks TOP NOTCH!

I am just a stickler for customer service and a worry wart on top of that. If Grams would call tomorrow and tell me it would be August 2007 before he got it back to me, I would mark my calendar for then and sit back and relax. I definately don't think the man has absconded to ole Mexico with my pesos and pistol, I just wanted to make sure it arrived ok and would be back soon as I have the Midwest winter time, can't go shooting outside blues!

Chris

B)

<snip>I definately don't think the man has absconded to ole Mexico with my pesos and pistol, I just wanted to make sure it arrived ok and would be back soon as I have the Midwest winter time, can't go shooting outside blues!

Chris

B)

Well, he isn't in Mexico. I spoke with him today about new mags for my new STI.

Have you left him messages? Emailed him?

You guys that are all worrying about Beven need to relax.

Chris

B)

Berkley,

Gun arrived on 1/5/2006. Emailed him twice the week following. Been calling and leaving messages ever since. No response.

Relax? Easy for you to say, you don't have $900 ducks on the table and no gun.....

Chris

Chris

B)

Berkley,

Gun arrived on 1/5/2006. Emailed him twice the week following. Been calling and leaving messages ever since. No response.

Relax? Easy for you to say, you don't have $900 ducks on the table and no gun.....

Chris

How about you search about people being happy with Beven's work/products. You joined yesterday, make 3 somewhat negative posts about a guy that does a whole lot to promote and support this board, and shooting in general. Get your panties unbunched about it. Beven is a stand-up guy whom I'm sure doesn't need me defending him on the internet.

Berkley,

Thanks for the warm welcome to the board and the advice concerning my panties. I will try to make good use of that...apparently you can not read or chose not to read my posts or any of the others for that matter. Nobody was attacking Grams, I only choose to do business with him BECAUSE of all the good stuff I had read on this board. As stated in my first email, I had been calling and emailing since the 5th of January with no response. All any of us wanted was some contact with the man concerning our guns and a company (Docter Optics) that has had trouble in the past delivering items to the US.

I finally got ahold of Beven today and we spoke at length about the issue of Docter Optics and their importer, BC Outdoors. Beven says that he can no longer get parts or sights for the Docter. He is in contact with Docter directly in Germany and also BC Outdoors and said he is going to meet with BC Outdoors at the SHOT show next weekend and hopes to come to some conclusion with them regarding this sight. Beven stated to me that the sight is being shipped all over Europe so he believes it is an import problem, not a supply problem.

As for my gun, when I called him to setup doing the work for my gun, he said that he had one, new in the box sight left. I ask him to put my name on it and I would be sending the gun out the next day. When I ask him about that sight today, he stated that something had come up with another customers gun and that my sight was on that gun now. Hmmmmmm. I think he anticipated more sights coming in before the supply was shut off.

Sounds like he is stuck between a rock and hard place for supply and people wanting his services. As for me, I just don't have the faith in Docter based on their company history to do business with them. I am going to try my luck with a Jpoint and my old Optima mount for this season and concentrate on my limited gun scores. Looking back, I am glad Docter won't be getting my money seeing as how they failed to support this country in the war on terror, I will send my hard earned $$$ to Hugo, MN and JP Enterprises.

In closing, sorry if I stepped on anyones toes, just wanted some information.

Now, back to lurking.

Chris

B)

Berkley,

---snip ---. Looking back, I am glad Docter won't be getting my money seeing as how they failed to support this country in the war on terror

---snip---

???

Chuck,

Docter Optics, manufactured in Germany, remember when the WOT started, France and Germany told the US to kiss their butt. Docter sights are imported into this country.

Chris

Berkley,

---snip ---. Looking back, I am glad Docter won't be getting my money seeing as how they failed to support this country in the war on terror

---snip---

???

Chuck,

Docter Optics, manufactured in Germany, remember when the WOT started, France and Germany told the US to kiss their butt. Docter sights are imported into this country.

Chris

Hmm... FWIW, I just saw a Docter mounted on the the M4 of a certain Special Ops outfit last week. It was actually mounted on top of a Trijicon ACOG sight somehow.

Looks like the US govt isn't letting that stop them from using Docters to kill terrorists and insurgents.

Edited by mpolans