Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Uspsa Area 8 Match

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much for that idea, unfortunately. My CZs run like crap with the fixed 10 rounders and I only own two of them anyway. And taking the Normal capacity mags (16 rounders) there in pieces is not an option according to the NJ A.G. Will not be shooting Production in NJ.

Lets keep going with the creative ideas though. Perhaps we can find a way out of this situation.

From the USPSA bylaws....

11.2 Area Handgun Championship:

The Area handgun Championship shall represent all Sections within the Area and be held within the physical confines of the Area.

It is the intent of the corporation that, other than for prescribed activity fees and actual expenses of the event, the remaining proceeds from each Area Championship(s) be returned to the competitors in the form of prizes or awards.

So maybe its time for a coporate tweek to help solve the problem. As it stands right now there's not going to be an Area match.

From the USPSA bylaws....

11.2 Area Handgun Championship:

The Area handgun Championship shall represent all Sections within the Area and be held within the physical confines of the Area.

It is the intent of the corporation that, other than for prescribed activity fees and actual expenses of the event, the remaining proceeds from each Area Championship(s) be returned to the competitors in the form of prizes or awards.

So maybe its time for a coporate tweek to help solve the problem. As it stands right now there's not going to be an Area match.

Don't give up on the Area 8 Match yet. It is still being worked on.

Shooters,

Expect to see an anouncement on the USPSA web page that the Area 8 match will take

place August 17-20 at the Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsmen's Club just east of

Pittsburgh.

Bob

AREA 8 MATCH IS ON!

"Gentlemen,

I am pleased to inform you that Area 8 will have a match for 2006.

Although a number of details remain to be finalized, the match will take

place August 17-20 at the Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsmen's Club just east of

Pittsburgh. Nine stages plus chrono, probably 210 rounds or so.

Single-Stack Division will be offered and fully recognized. Match Ammo

program will be available for interested shooters.

Several dedicated individuals stepped forward to help craft a composite

solution. They deserve our collective gratitude and support.

A notice will be placed on the Area 8 website shortly and will be followed

with additional information as it becomes available. Please forward this

information to your shooters."

George Jones

Area 8 Director

That is really good news! Shooting is great and a lot of fun, but it is the people that make this sport what it is. I wonder if those guys are still going to have the Sectional Match that they had planned for the last weekend in September? Good job to everyone involved in taking the initial steps to making this important match happen! Thanks. :D

It is good that the match is on, however I hope attendance is not hurt too much by Steel Challenge. Most of the top shooters are going to be trying for the big payoff in CA that weekend.

Would there be any conflicts if the Area 8 match was held on the weekend of 5 August.

We have an area match. Everybody was complaining that there wasn't one now there is. 99% of the shooters aren't going to the Steel challenge so let's just be happy we have a match and not start some silly assed whining.

I can't believe I have to agree with he of the superfluous "s", but come on. Every year there are conflicts with Area matches.

We have an area match. Everybody was complaining that there wasn't one now there is. 99% of the shooters aren't going to the Steel challenge so let's just be happy we have a match and not start some silly assed whining.

No complaining, just stating an obvious conflict that could possibly take most of the GM's away from an otherwise great match. With at least $25K on the line I'm sure that shooters like TJ, JJ, Max, Julie, Dave S., Phil, Dave O. and others who usually support A8 will have a hard decision on their hands.

I'm with Tim. I know for a fact the top shooters are going to be at the steel challenge or the DPMS tri-gun challenge. With those 2 matches on the same weekend (probably the 2 biggest money matches in the world) attendence from the top shooters is likely to be low.

I have to say I don't really care. Many others are going to feel the same way. It's nice to have the top guns to compare to, but it's not a deal breaker.

Bottom line is either they'll shoot the match or they won't. All it really means is someone besides Dave will win Production this year at Area 8.

Good job to everyone involved in taking the initial steps to making this important match happen! Thanks.

Exactly! I'm both happy and proud of the guys who stepped up to the plate and made the A8 match happen. It's a big match with a lot of work envolved. Way to go!!!!

Hey George....Match or not, you get my vote again. Thanks for all of your hard work. ;)

Edited by .40AET

Beggars can't be to choosy.. geez.. this is great, and it's a weekend i'm NOT On call.. so that's even better..

Me like the rest of the general populace really enjoy seeing the top shooters shoot, hell they are just plain fun to watch if nothing else.. but is it gonna stop me that a couple of GM's aren't gonna be there ? NOPE.. .not one second..

I'd like to say thanks to the folks at the Club that stepped up to the plate to make it happen, and to George for hanging in there..

I've volunteered for a few things in my life and i know it's always the same, only a few folks take the stress of doing this stuff for the betterment of the many... and i find it incredible the way people treat them, until you've done what they have and given the time of your personal life the way they have then you should sit back and say THANKS every oppurtunity you can.. if you have done what they have done, gripe away... otherwise just keep silent..

Cya in August...

Thanks again to the Club and George for putting this together.

Jeff..

You don't have to tell me anything about volunteers or stepping up to the plate. I ran a local club for three years doing all the stage design, set up, tear down, scoring, securing props...you name it!

I appreciate the club stepping up to the plate and taking on the challenge. George is a friend of mine, he took a lot of unmerited grief earlier, and I know he worked hard to make the match happen.

My only point was that Steel Challenge is not on the map for most USPSA shooters and was probably not considered in the decision to have the match on the advertised date. Therefore, if the decision makers felt like it would enhance the A8 Championship to make a date change, early in the planning process was better than next week or two months from now when someone else noticed the conflict. If it can't be done then that is understandable.

Tim is spot on again.

Maybe the club has restrictions...maybe there are very good reasons why it has to be on that weekend. If that is so, great. No problems. However if there is leeway in the matter, I really think the effort should be made for the area match to draw the best competition.

Beggars being choosers? Hardly. I just like shooting against the best whenever I can. I thought that was the point of an area match?