Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Open Guns, 9mm Major

roby

well, i wanted a thread where everyone could post their 9mm open guns..mainly for my entertainment and since i am considering going this route to get into open. i am heavily considering an SJC gun as it would fill the bill. please post pics, lods, and thoughts positive or negative about your major 9 open glock.

thanks.

roby

I don't have an open gun myself...yet. But I have shot an SJC open gun and it was a tack driver with a great trigger job. SJC makes great open Glocks. That would be a great route to go. I judt bought a 17 that I plan to hand over to SJC so they can make it into an open gun for me.

I don't have an open gun myself...yet. But I have shot an SJC open gun and it was a tack driver with a great trigger job. SJC makes great open Glocks. That would be a great route to go. I judt bought a 17 that I plan to hand over to SJC so they can make it into an open gun for me.

thanks.

what im trying to gauge is how competitive are these guns. ive only shot one glock that was sort of set up for open. it had a doctor sight but shooting minor ammo. no one in my area is shooting a glock open so i was hoping to gauge how well the shooters on the board are doing w/ theirs.

thanks.

what im trying to gauge is how competitive are these guns. ive only shot one glock that was sort of set up for open. it had a doctor sight but shooting minor ammo. no one in my area is shooting a glock open so i was hoping to gauge how well the shooters on the board are doing w/ theirs.

You will have no problem being competitve with an SJC open gun. They are reliable and well built and you can shoot minor or major PF with them no problem. If you have detailed questions send username Mad Scientist a PM. This is the guy that builds them. He will answer all your questions.

My New Major 9mm is just about done.

G17_Open_Major_9_0.jpg

wow that is nice charlie. thanks for posting. how do you like the slide mounted type sight vs a cmoore? did you build up that beavertail yourself?...because it looks great.

Thanks guys!

how do you like the slide mounted type sight vs a cmoore?

I prefer the buried slide mount..I can pick up the dot much fast.

what kind of magwell is that? i've never seen that before, it looks like it was blended w/ the frame.

and the beavertail...wow, who did that?

what kinda comp are you using?

The magwell is a Dawson (1911) Heavy Ice that is glassed on as is the beaver tail that I built. The comp is a new design from Novak's Handgunner Outlet.

Here's my open 17 back from another flawless day at the range(for the gun anyway).post-5504-1138842248_thumb.jpg

KKM 9x19 barrel

Titanium comp

TF mag extensions

Glockmeister magwell

Jpoint

I have many thousands of 115-125gr major loads through it with no issues.