Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Open Guns, 9mm Major

roby

Please guys, STOP with the open Glock pictures :D You're going to get me in a LOT of trouble with the Mrs. She has already told me to stop spending money on the guns that I have for the year :o I am only allowed to shoot them now. Please, I'm begging you to stop with the pics or I will be forced to buy a new barrel/comp and C-More. All of this after I just got the Dawson F/O setup and a a trigger job. Great pics, thanks

Edited by DanM

I could have lightened the recoil spring up quite a bit to get it to function.

Generally, I prefer my guns to run stock springs/ammo though. With the 6 port and stock spring, it was no where near functional. Every round was a FTF. At the time I was only shooting GSSF, so I didn't keep anything but stock springs on hand.

Just got a used 7moa Docter sight for my G34, the dot looks nice and bright. Any way to tell if it's already been bullet proofed by Grams? Grams wants 125.00 to bullet proof the sight and 200.00 to machine the slide. EGW machines the slide for 75.00 Is the bulletproofing necessary, and if it breaks from not being bullet proofed can it be fixed? What is the difference between EGW's mounting and Gram's mounting of the Docter sight?

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd post an update.

openrig.JPG

I think she's almost done. It's my first project gun, so it's not very pretty, but it shoots.

Added 2 .125" TJ holes Friday morning, and I'm surprised...

a 115gr bullet going ~1550 or so, feels softer, and flatter than my 147gr minor loads somewhere around ~850 fps.

I think John really has something going with that comp design. At minor, it's alright. At major, the dot barely moves. I was concerned about stabilization, but I think the last 2 ports on the comp really do their job keeping the dot tracking up and down.

I had to hide them right now, since I still need to clean up the hole in the slide for the front most one. The slide hole is a little small and I'm getting some directed back towards me, through the slide cutout.

When it's done I'll make sure to show em.

G34 with a G17 barrel. comp supplied and installed by EGW. 13lb recoil spring.works flawless with major loads.weak hand requires a VERY firm grip to eliminate hiccups.

Edited by WmB

waiting for my G34 slide to come back with the docter mounted, will post pics then. Got the Storm Lake 6 port and stuck it in my G35 just to test it - wow like shooting a 22. Gonna be a great steel gun

ports.jpg

full.jpg

Here you go Flex.

Keep in mind this is my first gun project... It's not always pretty the first time.

If I had started with a 17 instead of 17c, I probably would have done the ports differently and done 3 instead of 2.