Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Are You Guys Getting 325pd Cylinder's?

Shoepop

JR, I told them the same thing! Like I said, they have my FFL on file and I told the guy part of my business is smithing but to no avail. I guess I'm not as smooth as you ;) What do you suggest now my friend?

S&W has always identified certain parts that are "factory install only," these traditionally included things like side plates, yokes, and extractor ratchets--stuff that requires more than the field armorer's expertise to install correctly.

If you are "upgrading" (gaming?) to a Ti cylinder, use your old star/extractor to make it easy. Then all you have to worry about is gap and play. Save the "new" star and your "old" cylinder for another day.

But it's really premature for all of you to be changing those wonderful SS cylinders before some of us martyrs suffer the pain of technology development and risk. :rolleyes: Really, I'm thinking of all of you. :D

If you are "upgrading" (gaming?) to a Ti cylinder, use your old star/extractor to make it easy. Then all you have to worry about is gap and play. Save the "new" star and your "old" cylinder for another day.

But it's really premature for all of you to be changing those wonderful SS cylinders before some of us martyrs suffer the pain of technology development and risk. :rolleyes: Really, I'm thinking of all of you. :D

Im tossing a perfectly good ss 8 shot cylinder in favor of TI just for the -4 oz s of trigger pull. Dave

B)

Im tossing a perfectly good ss 8 shot cylinder in favor of TI just for the -4 oz s of trigger pull. Dave

B)

Toss it East Dave, I am too frugal to buy Ty but can always use a spare stainless :D

300lb, Carmoney got it. SOME at S&W don't think because of capability/liability or both certain parts need to be installed/fitted @ factory. slflr, I had no problem chamfering my 646 40 cylinder with Brownell's tool.

Will the Brownell's cylinder chamfer cutter work on a Ti cyl?

The Ti has a special finish on it; chamfering will breal that. I haven't chamfered mine and I don't believe it needs it. The Ti cylinders look like they have a chamfer built in. Look at it before you buy a tool.

I too chamfered my 646 ti cylinder with the smaller brownells tool.

It seems to work best with lots of lube/coolant and slow speeds.

I have not tried a bigger...625/325 cylinder, but if any one wants to buy me one to experiment on..........I will tell you if it works/ not works

HOPALONG

Dave,

You'll be saved from a "peening" problem also.

But, that depends on how much shooting you do....................... :D:lol:

Not nearly enough! Are you comming to IRC this year? Dave B)

Yep !! I'll be there and the SW Regionals also.

Dan...

Edited by D.carden

http://www.22rimfire.org/06%20regional/06%...%20page%201.htm

Great match for ICORE. This year it's held in San Fernando Valley and looking at the stages it should a fun match.

It's one day, a Saturday.

Oops...my bad, it said "SW" Regionals (ie, South West) I thought Dan was talking about

Smith and Wesson.

See, that's what happens when I think :mellow:

Dave,

You'll be saved from a "peening" problem also.

But, that depends on how much shooting you do....................... :D:lol:

Not nearly enough! Are you comming to IRC this year? Dave B)

Yep !! I'll be there and the SW Regionals also.

Dan...

Are you shooting your beast or a proper, civilized 8 shot? B)