Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any small/portable bench for Hornady AP?

Looking into moving into an apartment with very limited space. 

I currently have  a large reloading bench for my Hornady AP.

That bench can not go with me.

Does a small or even a portable bench exist?  Need something that i can take with me if I have to relocate again

I made a 2x4 one that fit in one half of an apartment washer-dryer closet.  Probably still pictures of it on here somewhere...

On 5/9/2024 at 2:47 AM, Matt1911 said:

I didn’t know Pringles chip dust was a good alternative for gunpowder. 👍

hahahaha I didnt even notice that....what is that Pringles sleeve doing????

look into a drill press stand, Or something similar made to take a couple tractor weights for stability,, 

You could also make a small reloading table. 

Make legs out of 2x4s or 4x4s.  I prefer 4x4s for added strength/stability.  Frame a top, and base/shelf out of 2x4s, to fit around the legs.  Use Gusset Angle brackets (https://www.homedepot.com/p/Simpson-Strong-Tie-GA-2-3-4-in-18-Gauge-Galvanized-Gusset-Angle-GA1-R/313810442), to avoid end grain connections, and complicated carpentry.  If you go wider than 18," add stringers to the top frame, and the shelf frame, so the widest spacing is no greater than 18" on center.  Use a single layer of 3/4" plywood for the shelf, and two layers for the top.  Seal the top, and shelf (and the rest if you like), with wipe on polyurethane (https://www.homedepot.com/p/Watco-1-qt-Satin-Polyurethane-Wipe-On-68141/203377225). 

It won't take long, won't cost much, you can make it to the exact size you want/need, and will be rock solid. 

That's how I built mine.  I wasn't interested in aesthetics, so I only sealed the top and shelf, to mike it easy to clean off.

you could also get rid of whats eliminating the space ... I mea if you have a job,,, and a roof... options are wide open