Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production 15 rules...

Joe4d

Match got rained out but prepping now so I can actually have my act together to shoot Production 15 if chance comes along, would be nice if it was IDPA legal as well. Gun runs well on grab and go factory ammo.
Dug through latest rule book,,, Gun will be a XDM elite 5.25" currently has the small mag funnel,, probably have to pull that... ordered a Comptac,, as I didnt have a holster and not many 5.25"s out there.. Am I missing something ? there is no picture of a guy rigged up and I see no mention of holster or magazine holder position... Other than outward distance from belt.. Is that correct ? no more behind the hip bone ?  

I did have a chuckle at rule 21 and 22...
No mods allowed other than whats listed,, No parts replaced other than these minor parts..
Proceed to list every mod and every part on the gun other than the frame.

12 hours ago, RJH said:

Sounds like you have it about right

I'd think it would be easier to explain it thusly:

No magwell

15 rounds in mag at *beeeep*

No SA triggers

Aaand GO!

Jason

looking at Redhill page they have about a gazzillion options for attachement. I will probably be threading a single heavy belt,,, I think that is still a thing in IDPA,,, would prefer a type of holster I could clamp or put on after belt is on.
I have mag pouches that use the bladetec tec locks,,  How do those work with a holster ? seems foot print is kinda small,
Or what Red hill attachment do people like ?

Looking at redhill page it seems the holsters are low cut in front.. IIRC seems like there was a thing about the holster having to come up past the ejection port.. Is that true in IDPA or USPSA production ?

The behind the hip bone requirement for all divisions was eliminated awhile ago and holsters have to cover the slide up to 1/2 inch below the ejection port.

2 hours ago, waktasz said:

The rule used to be the same but I don't see it at all anymore. 
Section 8.5

https://www.idpa.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/2024-IDPA-Rulebook-Master-12-14-23.pdf

yeh really gonna have to hit that rule book, lots of changes and not near the discussions to stay updated like for USPSA.. No idea what is near me,, the closer clubs dont have updated websights,, so just basically gonna show up with SSP/Production legal equipment and shoot..

Why not shoot that XDM for IDPA?  If you want to stay used to 15 rounds, enter in ESP.

I like my 1911 but I do not think the soft light trigger of a well set up striker gun is a disadvantage.

22 minutes ago, Jim Watson said:

Why not shoot that XDM for IDPA?  If you want to stay used to 15 rounds, enter in ESP.

I like my 1911 but I do not think the soft light trigger of a well set up striker gun is a disadvantage.

thats the plan,, but I thought ESP was 10 round and SSP was 15 in IDPA,,   dunno,, and as mentioned not 100% sure what rule set these places are using.. Goal was to be Production 15, and IDPA 15 legal.

Sorry, got in a rush; it is now SSP 15, ESP still 10... for now.  How long will it take them to pander to the double stacks and increase Division Capacity for ESP etc?  Thereby obsoleting my single stack.  

I shoot USPSA primarily. Almost exclusively for 5 or 6 years. A buddy of mine runs a local IDPA match and kept asking me when I was going to come out. For a change of pace I've started shooting his matches again. Shot a lot of IDPA years ago. 

Now with the changes there are a lot of 18 round stages. I've been shooting LO in USPSA for nearly a year now but will shoot my 1911 at the IDPA matches.

1 hour ago, Jim Watson said:

Sorry, got in a rush; it is now SSP 15, ESP still 10... for now.  How long will it take them to pander to the double stacks and increase Division Capacity for ESP etc?  Thereby obsoleting my single stack.  

Probably never, they are protecting people with 1911s. 

Likely so.

But after a while in SSP15, I went back to ESP where I could work with the reload, choosing a slide lock reload or a chamber loaded reload.  With 16 in the gun, a 17-18 shot stage meant you would be reloading on the last target unless there was a long enough move to do a Tac Load.  Yawn.