Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Video Link USPSA Board Meeting

1 minute ago, -JCN- said:

Does anyone know him or if he’ll be sympathetic to voter concerns?

Meeting is posted to PSI. 

A3 still waiting for legal opinion. 

But at least the A3-elect is squared away and we won’t have to wait for a special election because he’s uncontested. 

So depending on Ken Cobb’s philosophies, the swing of power is complete…

I know him, not real well but I shot with him several times over the years. He runs good matches and is  good guy and I think he will be a solid area director. I know he didn't love what Mel was doing 🤣🤣

I'm pretty sure he has a profile on here

You might check out Facebook and look at a page called: "USPSA area 4 but not the official page" or something like that

Ken is a good guy, can be rude at times.  Shoots Open.  His handle is ShootingChef on here.  Haven’t seen him at a match anywhere in Area 4 in ages, probably 5+ years.

12 hours ago, BritinUSA said:

They went into Executive session to discuss financials. I guess that means that the members will never see the full financial status of the org.

BOD is required to post 2023 financials.  I believe the budget discussions in recent meeting is for 2024.  During the last meeting I believe I heard the MD voice some concern with revenue drop in early 2024 and how to use early data for budget projection.  This was also mentioned in A6’s recent podcast.  Members will eventually see both 2024 budget and 2023 financials. 

23 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

I've been shooting with Ken since 2010 or so.  He is a great guy, but can come off as a grumpy turd at times, but it's an act.  I think he will do a great job.

Does Ken also shoot Steel Challenge or run SC matches?

@RangerTrace In 2019/2020, M160 ran SCSA matches (I think 8 or 9), and XMG ran a few (like, maybe 2) in late 2021.

Both of those clubs were affiliated with SCSA, but neither hung around long enough to gain much traction.

A club in Sanger runs SC stages, 3 of the 5 that they run are setup to spec, and the others are range constrained.

In 2022, DPC converted one of their monthly steel matches to run SC stages (with the correct stage measurements).

Neither of these club matches are marketed or affiliated with SCSA, so no classifiers...it's just practice.

@Hoops As to Ken's experience with SCSA - I'm trying to bring him up to speed with what I know and have experienced. He's a quick study. I think he'll be a great advocate for SC.

@joseywales Thanks.  We have several active monthly SCSA matches in the San Antonio/Austin area as well as USPSA matches.  Nice to have an AD somewhat close to us.