Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Green Holosun 507 Comp issue

SimonM

Hello,

I ordered a green 507 Comp and got it delivered a couple of weeks ago. I'd seen the red one and liked it a lot, but I had read some positive things about the green, and decided to try out something new.

Once I got the sight I immediately noticed that no matter the reticle or the brightness, I wasn't able to see the dot/reticle as clearly as with any of the other, C-more, Aimpoint or Holosun red dots I have. I even checked it against my friend's red 507 Comp a few days ago and the result was the same. Outside in daylight it wasn't as blurry/unclear, but still noticeably different from the red one.

If I was only shooting on bright outdoor ranges or matches, this wouldn't be as big of a deal, but I shoot indoors quite often and I would also like to be able see the 2 MOA dot precisely for shooting more accurately.

What is your opinion/experience concerning these green and red 507 Comp sights? Have you ran into anything like this?

This is the only green 507 Comp that I've seen and I've been also thinking that there might be something off with the thing. Or my eyes just don't prefer the green colour... 

When I compare a red and green 507 Comp side by side, I can't detect any difference in the shape or quality of the 2 moa dot. Clearly different eyes perceive the dot differently.

What I can easily see, is that the green dot is effectively three clicks in intensity brighter than the red. In bright sun with sunglasses, the red 2 moa dot on the 507 Comp is too dim for me. Same with the 509T. The other reticles on the red 507 Comp are bright, just not the 2 moa dot. 

It may be your eyes. I can see green sharper than red like on calculator numbers and other instruments. Have you tried looking through it with different colored glasses or a lens if available?