Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I may have a problem.. I ordered a gun from SA and it was shipped to a local FFL. Two weeks ago he emailed me and said it came in but was missing needed paperwork from SA and that he would let me know when it was corrected. 
  Since then I have heard nothing. He won’t answer emails or fb messages and his phone number goes to Walmart free gift card scam.

What is my best recourse? I’m going to go to his shop which is a residential address and see if I can track him down. If that fails how should I proceed? Call SA? Call feds? Is there some kind of hotline that deals with this? I’m starting to worry a little.

Thanks

Update: after I made some light threats of getting others involved he reached out to say he has been in the hospital for 10 days or so. He is eager to now do the transfer Monday or Tuesday. I guess he deserves the benefit of the doubt. 

FWIW, most of the home-based FFLs I know (me included) get cranky when people have stuff sent to them without asking first (I have no idea if this one does or if Sarge did, btw... this is for reference)

Maybe they're on vacation for a week or something and UPS drops an "adult signature required" box on the porch, forges the signature and leaves it there (I have doorbell video).  Guess who ATF thinks is up to shenanigans when it goes missing?

1 hour ago, MuayThaiJJ said:

He prob just needed intake info for his books. From private party it's a valid ID, for SA he just needed their FFL07# most likely

He says he was in the hospital the last ten days. 

16 hours ago, shred said:

FWIW, most of the home-based FFLs I know (me included) get cranky when people have stuff sent to them without asking first

Even the FFL I use that is a pawn shop with regular business hours likes a heads-up.  They showed me one of the packing lists they got on one of my shipments that was a little printout on one of the adhesive labels like goes on the outside of the box, and my name was hardly legible.  So now I just forward the confirmation email so they know what is coming. 

Edited by mmc45414

I got the gun yesterday. The guy was apparently in the hospital. He is not super good at answering emails which is ok in most instances, but going dark for nearly 2 weeks seems a bit much for an FFL.

But all is good. Thanks for the insight.

7 hours ago, Sarge said:

I got the gun yesterday. The guy was apparently in the hospital. He is not super good at answering emails which is ok in most instances, but going dark for nearly 2 weeks seems a bit much for an FFL.

But all is good. Thanks for the insight.

So what was the gun and where are the pics?