Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Has HK made any larger of a dent in the competition market with the VP9L and VP9 Match?

Foxtrotx1

I have both the VP9L and Match. I really dig both of those pistols and even shot them in some matches, but just as Matt said above, it’s the lack of aftermarket support keeping me from running them more frequently. I’m actually good with the stock triggers, but I can’t find a set of sights I like. Both of the VP9s I have are the OR versions and for some reason HK used a different dovetail cut than the original for which there are some decent options from Dawson Precision. Typical HK really.

On 11/9/2023 at 5:12 PM, Matt1911 said:

Probably has a lot to do with lack of aftermarket support for competition type gear. 
HK pistols just aren’t really seen too often. 

not just aftermarket, but OEM... It has been awhile, but HK wasnt even interested in OEM support for basics... They want you to take it to a service center for pretty much anything.
Had a buddy that was in to them,, Oringed barrel bushings I seem to recall ? He had some kinda super expensive Mark something he oohed and awed about it... trigger was garbage and it wasnt all that accurate. His response was it had "Combat" trigger and accuracy... umm ok. 
Better mousetraps for gaming were readily available.

My production/SSP gun has always been HK. Made M in L10 with one back in the day. I like them but can't justify it; super expensive, not great for aftermarket parts (better now but...) and not a fantastic trigger. 

If I was still working for a living I'd carry one for duty in a heartbeat. 

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting thanks for the info. Seems like Walther might be similar enough of a product with better aftermarket support. Especially with the PDP Steel Frame leak and tease. 

Shame, i'd love to unify under one striker gun, but I just can't warm up to the 320 and love the ergos of the HK/Walther guns.