Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WSB says "gun lying flat, not propped" ??

PK1911

Some PCC shooters have an offset red dot. At a recent local match, the shooter laid the PCC down on the side with the offset red dot, thus raising it a small amount.

Since the offset red dot is a permanent fixture on the PCC, is this still considered "laying flat"? The RO said to the shooter that it was propped. The same question for an OPEN shooter. Can it be laid on the slide racker side?

Anything that is attached to the gun and will be on the gun to shoot the stage is considered part of the gun.  The gun will lay as flat as the equipment allows.  Propping is considered when using a magazine, bullet or some other means to hold up the gun.

A PCC with offset dot can be laid down however the shooter wants and if that is on the optic then so be it.  

On 9/3/2023 at 9:42 AM, Dirty_J said:

Yet another RO that doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Shocking. 😂 

is 100% not an issue to do this. 

What? You mean they have those ROs who don't understand common sense? 🤣

9 hours ago, shred said:

Propping on the mag release should be mandatory for right-handers :D

haha, we put our guns down on the other side, and pick them up with the left hand to avoid accidentally releasing the mag. timer shows no difference to first shot, fwiw.

As a righty I also lay my gun down on its left side, on the mag release. Even with my shadow 2, loaded. left hand goes under the rear of the gun to lift it into my right hand and then does any loading procedures if needed.