Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

powder funnel

Pat B.

Wet tumbled brass especially. The carbon left on when dry tumbling gives a little lube. I have been using mr bulletfeeder funnels in most sizes.

They're all going to stick if there is no form of lube. but if yours looks dull you can take it out and clean it then polish it up to shiney.

Most generally use a gallon size ziplock and spray Oneshot for 2-3 second or 3-4 squirts of dillon lube in the bag and shake it around for 10 seconds. It will get there. let it sit and dry then load.

Yes, lube, let dry, load. As stated, washed brass / new brass is going to stick more. 

Get some liquid lanolin and 100% alcohol from Amazon, mix 1-2 oz of the lanolin with 10oz of alcohol in a spray bottle, spray inside of ziploc bag, put brass in, shake, pour out, let dry 5 minutes. The lanolin and alcohol will cost you $20 total on Amazon, and will make enough lube for 20-30 years.

Hornady One shoot makes the best non stick powder funnel. 

Single easiest cheapest thing you can do to increase ease and efficiency of loading pistol brass. (And you don’t have to clean it off like traditional lube)

Edited by iflyskyhigh

Put some car polish or Dillon case cleaner/lube in your dry tumbling medium.  Cases won't stick.  You can buy a Mr. Bulletfeeder 2-step expander/funnel.  That will also lessen the problem.  You can also send it out to have it Ti coated.  That makes it very slick.

On 9/2/2023 at 12:06 AM, ysrracer said:

Stop wet tumble your brass, and your problems will go away. Although a simple 17 step wet tumbling process does sound cool :)

Wet tumble can be done in fewer steps. I fill tumbler with dirty brass/ warm water/ Brass juice. Tumble/drain/Rinse/Dry

And Im doing 2500 9mm at a time. Its all about the same handling time. But dont have to knock corn out of the flash hole

I lube my brass and it doesnt stick

On 9/1/2023 at 12:39 PM, Pat B. said:

I guess kinda screwed as far as belling at a separate station, only 4 stations on a 550...

So, how do you lube inside of necks and with what ??

I'm another proponent of the Hornady One Shot!  And I actually put 200-300 cases in a large "tupperware" container, spray and shake; then I shake the container to allow a good number of cases to stand upright.  I then lightly spray again allowing the HOS to get inside cases.

NEVER had an issue with any of my loads using VV N320 or N330!

👍