Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Exakt primers?

abbafandr

Never heard of them. The only thing I could find that links them to any type of manufacturer is the following statement:

"The Klimovsk Specialized Ammunition Plant in Klimovsk, Russia has been producing ammunition for the military, sport, and hunting market since it's founding in 1936. In addition to more than 80 years of military contract production, KSPZ has been making private label ammunition for many of the biggest names in the market."

Maybe someone with more experience will chime in shortly. Personally, I would buy a small sample and see how well they perform before purchasing a boat load. Also, as a general warning (perhaps not directly related to this specific product) be careful will scam website selling very cheap primers. If it sounds too good to be true....

Edited by 4n2t0

They are made in Indonesia.  I got 200 off a prize table.  Some company in Iowa is importing them and will sell them wholesale. Only need to order 900,000 minimum order.

Wondering how easy or hard they are.  Loaded them up and see if I can detonate any on my next range trip.

900K, lol, good luck to you.

Call me skeptical, but not being able to find anything, zero, zilch, nada on the internet about the manufacturer sounds the alarm bells for me. Deal of a lifetime OR the biggest mistake ever, let us know which it ends up being.

On 7/31/2023 at 5:35 PM, abbafandr said:

They are made in Indonesia.  I got 200 off a prize table.  Some company in Iowa is importing them and will sell them wholesale. Only need to order 900,000 minimum order.

Wondering how easy or hard they are.  Loaded them up and see if I can detonate any on my next range trip.

Nyet!  Not quantity 900,000, is price 900,000 kopek minimum order, approx $27.00 usd.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

New member here. 

EXAKT primers, I contacted Tundra LLC in Michigan. He was good enough, as a startup, to send me some small pistol and small rifle primers for test. I split the 100 of each between 5 reloaders to test. 

Background...... I  am one of 5 NRA certified metallic cartridge reloading instructors in Grand Rapids, MN. We try to test and validate new products/vendors before letting our club members jump in. My military munitions test experience helps drive a high level of scrutiny. 

EXAKT primers meet SAAMI physical dimensions and seat by hand a little easier than the ZSR brand.

We tested, .380, 9mm, .40S&W, 5.7x28mm using once fired range brass. .30 carbine & .223 (not 5.56 loads) in new and once fired brass all at low powder charge weight to test ignition. NO FAILURES! 

Tundra is new, and right now has a 5K minimum purchase due to repackaging issues on smaller quantities.

The primers are made in an Indonesian military plant that makes a large variety of other munitions. After we sent our test results to club members, a few of us bought at the 5K level and sold unused in small quantities to other members. I use up 3-4 thousand during winter when we shoot indoors from October to April.  

• 3 months later...

Resurrecting this thread because these just popped up again at a good price https://tundramichigan.com/products/small-pistol-primers-9-mm-boxer-type-5-3-cents-1000-pcs-no-credit-card-fees-we-pay-hazmat-fees?variant=44234308288752

Here's what I notice: the phrasing and typography on the packaging, both box and sleeve, is very similar to Wolf/Tula. I'm holding a box of Tula Small Pistol, and compared to the photo of the Exakt box, "small pistol", "PRIMERS", "Standard Non-Corrosive", and "100 Primers" all appear in the same layout and the same fonts. And looking a full cardboard sleeve of 5000, the glass/umbrella/arrows marking is the same, and PRIMERS is in the same font. The one major difference I notice is that in the photo, the primers themselves seem random rather than "all anvil side up" as Wolf/Tula have been.

So it's possible these are Russian primers being routed through Indonesia to bypass sanctions, or that Russian tooling has been moved (or even copied) there.

Well, the price turns out not to be so great after all, ~$62/k after that horrendous shipping charge. A few outfits have S&A primers for <$55/k shipped so these may not be worth the gamble.

Still curious if they're really Russian primers in disguise...

16 minutes ago, MoNsTeR said:

Well, the price turns out not to be so great after all, ~$62/k after that horrendous shipping charge. A few outfits have S&A primers for <$55/k shipped so these may not be worth the gamble.

Still curious if they're really Russian primers in disguise...

S&A primers? You mean S&B?

What outfits have those?

18 minutes ago, Seoderus said:

Servicios, easy to find on ammoseek. Astra is where I’d buy..but worried about reliability 

Ah. I've used thousands upon thousands of the S&B's...was hoping someone was importing them again.

18 minutes ago, Seoderus said:

Servicios, easy to find on ammoseek. Astra is where I’d buy..but worried about reliability 

Ah. I've used thousands upon thousands of the S&B's...was hoping someone was importing them again.

2 hours ago, Seoderus said:

I just picked up 5k from them. Works out to .05 ea because they had free shipping at the time. 

Shot over 10k of the green and yellow box Servicios with no failures. Friend of mine has shot over 20k of the white box variants with only a couple light strikes in a Glock.

Edited by jubi351
Add text

To all, yeah the tundra pricing has everything embedded, but the current no hazmat for orders over $99 from Mid-South are all at $89 and higher for the CCI, Federal etc. The bottom of the Exakt boxes say Made in Indonesia. There are a large number of plants there geared towards making military munitions of all kinds.

Republic Ammo in Lima, OH. is selling White River primers but they go out of stock so fast I cannot get any to try. 

The bottom line on primers is cost of product, hazmat fee, taxes and shipping. Add it up and divide by the quantity is what I go by as long as they work. Large pistol, rifle and magnum primers are still spotty. I use AmmoSeek to check who has what and not lock in to any one outfit. Cost per primer drives my decision.

• 4 weeks later...

What in the holy heck!?!?  This is from Tundra LLC in Michigan, shipping to Florida.  I think I'm going to try out the SyA from from Astra.  Free shipping and a $20 hazmat makes a 10k order $100 less than Tundra.

Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 4.56.47 PM.png

• 4 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Tundra said:

Hello everyone!

This is Tundra Michigan . We found a " shipping bug " in our system and fixed it .All back to normal . Check it out and thank you!

Says it cannot ship to my address in Virginia.

Also, where are you located in Michigan and do you have a retail store? I get up to MI a few times a year to visit my family. 

Virginia is wide open .Not sure why you get this msg . Could be PO Box address or excessive quantity.

We are in West Bloomfield ,MI  .We do not have a storefront , but pickup can be arranged . Our email address is - tundramichigan@gmail.com

Just let us know in advance when you are coming .

Thanks  

Edited by Tundra