Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Conversion?

Leroy

To 9x21, no big problem.  9x23 won't work, its too long.  Then there is the question of "what for?"  You can't shoot 9x21 Major in Limited, or Lim10.  If you want to shoot Open you've got as lot more to do than just switch to 9x21.

If its just for fun have at it, but if it is for a competitive advantage, ask around.  A lot.

Thanks guys. I just got into shooting and was thinking out loud i guess...

I was just curious if the 21 or 21 might be a little more acurate.

Probably should just leave the 34 the way it is and pratice more..

thanks again..

HI Stephen.

Yea a little trouble but i think the gun is fine, i tried it the othere day at 25 yds on a bench and it did ok i think i just need a lot more pratice.

i just started shooting again after about 25 years i am trying different ammo.  Hoping Santa will bring me a Dillon  650 for Xmas and i want to start loading my own ammo.

I am thinking if i can get good enough trying out some of the GSSF matches.

thanks for the reply

Leroy,

first Stephen is the first name of the person in the quote

Flexmoney's name is Kyle.

a 9x21 is about pointless unless your trying to make USPSA major in open division, it is not more accurate, the 9x19 you can get match ammo for, or reload match ammo.. what kind of groups are you getting, G34's tend to be very accurate in the experiences i have seen... IF the shooter does their part.

It tended to pull a little to 9 o'clock today, so I might have someone peek at the sights. But that's not to say I was shooting perfectly either. I've had notorious problems with jerking in the past (most of which is gone) and have to allow for that possibility.  The G34 is, again, very new to this shooter and not at ALL like the SiG. Could be just a matter of altering technique a tad. It wants a whole different hold and touch.

I could be wrong but I think what Matt's saying is that since you can't load the 9x21 long in a 9mm framed Glock, you're not gaining anything by chambering it in 9x21.  In a 1911 style gun, you can increase the cartridge's overall length to allow for more powder.

Thanks again for all the input.

I would like to change the sights... I don't like the rear sight at all and it seems all I can find on the market are more sights like the stock. I want to find a rear sight with just one dot in the center..Also i have a bushnell holo sight that i might use with the new carver mount. Has anyone tried the carver mount yet?

Leroy, if you can find yourself some fixed glock sights you can actually install it backwards (white outline facing downrange).  I got this from somebody in this forum.  With that setup you'll have black rears and a white front dot.  Unless you really want a rear with a dot? ;)

If you want a Glock in 9x23..the conversion has been done using the 10mm models..the magazines will fit the longer length, Barsto makes barrels for it. Some have had good luck with it. others have had to do some tweaking on the mags..