Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Weight, Velocity, and Recoil?

Stafford

3 hours ago, Joe4d said:

45's tend to work and the rule sets kinda protect the configuration,  its the 9'a 40's and double stacks you have to play around with.

understood. you're not 100% wrong there either, although my sti edge functioned flawlessly with no attention even with s#!tty worn-out mag springs that refused to feed reliably in a fancy custom 2011. But it seems to me that once you fight with one 2011, you pretty much learn just about everything you need to know to make one run. We had some trials and tribulations with our fancy limited guns several years ago, but mrs moto's new open rig has run better than her 320 or my shadow right out of the box. Probably because we got it from Brazos.

And every gun seems to have it's own demons. my shadow 2 needs the extractor removed and cleaned regularly (2000-3000 rounds) or it will stop feeding. Her legion needs .356 diameter bullets and soft primers. Race guns doing race gun stuff.

Edited by motosapiens

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, shred said:

I'd say it's: when you start playing around with them that they start to become unreliable, be it a Glock or 1911.. :D

yeh and dont STI's tend to ship with 18 round mags ? then of course most require long loaded non standard ammo, of course then you want to do a trigger job, not hard, but aint drop in parts. 
And do dealers still expect you to buy a "reliability " package ?  For a 3 k plus gun , I gotta pay extra for reliability ? 
But my STI eagle was fine no reliability package, only thing I had to change was the 2 piece guide rod that refused to stay one piece.  Mags needed work to get 20 and 21 rounds.

12 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

Interesting. I can use CCI primers with zero issues. That is anew one. 

we only very occasionally got light strikes with cci (1 in 500-1000?), but in the modern world I would still consider them 'soft', at least compared to s&b and ginex.

4 hours ago, R.Elliott said:

I've just gone though 5K Ginex primers with no problems.  If you are experiencing light strikes you can probably resolve it by replacing your striker spring.

haha. not.

we actually trried that first. fwiw, they also don’t light reliably for a cz with 12 lb hammer spring.

these are the slightly gold colored ginex btw. my limited gun has no issues with an 18 lb mainspring, so that’s what im using them for.

So odd.  I actually had a few light strikes with some S&B factory loads, changed out the somewhat old and I guess flaccid striker spring and have had no further issues.  I have not had one single Ginex fail in both of my guns though and I know they are pretty hard primers