Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IRC flights/rentals

I was pricing tickets and was a bit surprised.

What is the best airport, price wise, to fly into?

It would be a 17 hour drive: no cost savings and I'm not * that* motivated.

Jason

Grand Junction is a really small airport. I'd be surprised if you found a direct flight out of Texas.

I'd just fly into Denver and do the drive. Yes, it's four hours, but it flies by because it's incredibly easy and very pretty. You're only in the metro for the first thirty five minutes or so and then you start climbing on I-70. You'll pass places like Breckenridge, Vail, and Palisade in the way if you want to break it up a little and check out some of our sights.

Maybe check into flights to Telluride or Crested Butte and the drive too.  Longer drive, probably more expensive but some really pretty mountains.

Austin has flights to those places, but might be seasonal for ski season and going to be a small plane.

Flying from Bush (Houston) to Denver saved $750.00 for the flight and skateboard car.  I'll drive through somewhere I've never been for that!

Now I just need to call the match hotel and reserve a room!

Thanks guys!  I'll see you in , as Rod Stewart put it, late September!

Jason

2 hours ago, ysrracer said:

Is there a match hotel? Is there a promo code?

MATCH HOTEL:
The Quality Inn, 733 Horizon Dr, Grand Junction, CO - 970-245-7200. Ask for the special ICORE rate of $99, which includes a great breakfast each morning, starting at 5:30 AM. Say hello to the Manager. Rick is one of us!
The match hotel is located 5 minutes from the airport, about 15 minutes from the range, right off of I70.
To book a room at the special IRC rate, copy and paste this link into your browser: https://www.choicehotels.com/reservations/groups/MT76V6

I reserved this morning from the 28th thru the 2nd of October.  The lady who I spoke with was very polite and helpful.

Jason

There are hotels all up and down Horizon, often for less than the "official" hotel. I will say that the Quality Inn is one of the better choices, though. I did Econo Lodge for IDPA Regionals and it was... fine... but the Quality Inn is definitely better.

Just be mindful of where in Grand Junction you book as some of the hotels are 30+ minutes from the range.

• 1 month later...