Hoops

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

I have the 2024 Peak Times as overall (Classification) and individual Stage times in Excel and a PowerPoint with a photo of each stage with same Excel table of the required times for the stage.

I've saved each as a PDF version (much smaller, but no edit ability.  And you don't need Excel/Powerpoint/other reader).  The "Shoot Order" PPTX/PDF has my shooting order over the target pictures.

I've placed them in a shared folder:

https://app.box.com/s/crggwto4dme64lzetufvimjspwd0lk13

On 11/6/2023 at 11:40 AM, GKB said:

I have the 2024 Peak Times as overall (Classification) and individual Stage times in Excel and a PowerPoint with a photo of each stage with same Excel table of the required times for the stage.

I've saved each as a PDF version (much smaller, but no edit ability.  And you don't need Excel/Powerpoint/other reader).  The "Shoot Order" PPTX/PDF has my shooting order over the target pictures.

I've placed them in a shared folder:

https://app.box.com/s/crggwto4dme64lzetufvimjspwd0lk13

I got the excel format.  Appreciate you sharing this.

30 minutes ago, jrdoran said:

Hi Gary, it's Jim ( Good luck charm ) ;  Congrats on your PB's from a few weeks ago, hope the momentum continued

WIthout you, only 2 new Personal Bests my last match but one was my first Master time on a stage (Five To Go).

(For those reading, 2 of the last 3 times I've shot with Jim I did 4 PBs knocking 1.5 sec off my time each match.)

2 hours ago, GKB said:

WIthout you, only 2 new Personal Bests my last match but one was my first Master time on a stage (Five To Go).

(For those reading, 2 of the last 3 times I've shot with Jim I did 4 PBs knocking 1.5 sec off my time each match.)

👍 Did you buy him dinner & drinks afterwards?🤣

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/8/2023 at 3:22 PM, Farmer said:

👍 Did you buy him dinner & drinks afterwards?🤣

@jrdoran reminded me that we get impacted 2 ways in January 2024.

1.  New Peak Times

and,

2.  Calendar year 2021 times will be dropped.  Only times from current year (2024) and the previous 2 years (2022, 2033) will count for classifications.

we were wondering to ourselves how many members would be aware of this?

23 minutes ago, shred said:

So do the classifications drop to U too?  That would be fun to lose five of the 6 M classes I've got...

Sandbagpalooza!

No. SCSA  Classification previously earned will not change.  BOD will allow for a down class change if requested.  

6 minutes ago, Hoops said:

No. SCSA  Classification previously earned will not change.  BOD will allow for a down class change if requested.  

I will lose little over 4.00 seconds PCCO Master but will just barely hang on to 85.00%. RFRO very similar.  

Next year I’m hosed.  No way at 72 and physical issues I’ll be able to maintain M class scores.  

Edited by Hoops
Forgot a word

On 12/2/2023 at 6:32 PM, Hoops said:

I will lose little over 4.00 seconds PCCO Master but will just barely hang on to 85.00%. RFRO very similar.  

Next year I’m hosed.  No way at 72 and physical issues I’ll be able to maintain M class scores.  

Can't think like that my friend. Just to give you hope I went through radiation and chemo this year and made GM in all rifle divisions. You can definitely make it, age is just a number 😉

10 hours ago, Squirrel45 said:

Can't think like that my friend. Just to give you hope I went through radiation and chemo this year and made GM in all rifle divisions. You can definitely make it, age is just a number 😉

That’s impressive.  I’m all to familiar with this……ex-wife several years ago and daughter last year….both are fine now.  Good luck to you and prayers for a full recovery.

@jrdoran your 15,000 Ranking topic has provided additional excellent data for divisions, classifications and GM times in actual numbers.  

I believe the information under your topic there also gives insight into Peak Time and Classification percentages which should probably be posted here in this topic to avoid “drift” under the ranking topic.  

I’m collecting data for commenting here at a later date.  It’s a Work in progress at the moment.  Great information you’ve developed.  

image.thumb.png.2fae9865b95c90d85fc5a439bb4603a6.png

Link to spreadsheet:

https://app.box.com/folder/234070530520?s=crggwto4dme64lzetufvimjspwd0lk13

I'll try to pull this again the last week of December and then the first Wednesday of Jan and we'll see what is the impact of the double-whammy of expiring 2021 scores and the PST changes.

EDIT:  Corrected data set date.

EDIT 2:  Added link to download the spreadsheet.

Edited by GKB

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Hoops said:

Will this Wednesday’s SCSA update: (1) post scores from 2023 and, (2) Drop 2021 from calculating best of scores?

Yes and Yes.

The question is if you shot a match after 27 Dec (the last Wednesday in 2023 when SCSA runs the numbers) but before 03 Jan (the effective date of the 2024 updated PSTs), will SCSA's calculation use the 2023 (when you shot the match) or 2024 (when it was calculated) PSTs?  However, it really only matters if somebody would move up in Classification by just enough that the 2024 PST wouldn't move them up.

The 03 Jan run, in either case, should exclude 2021 scores since any calculation run only includes scores from the "current and two previous calendar years".  (As an aside, that quote is NOT in the SCSA rulebook (Appendex A4).  It is from the SCSA.ORG Lookup Classifications page.)

6 hours ago, GKB said:

The 03 Jan run, in either case, should exclude 2021 scores since any calculation run only includes scores from the "current and two previous calendar years".  (As an aside, that quote is NOT in the SCSA rulebook (Appendex A4).  It is from the SCSA.ORG Lookup Classifications page.)

Thanks.

Do you or anyone know if this applies to USPSA shooters as well?

1 hour ago, Hoops said:

Thanks.

Do you or anyone know if this applies to USPSA shooters as well?

It doesn't look like it.

From the USPSA.ORG Lookup Classifications page under Status Code = Y, "After you have earned your initial classification, the next time the classification system is run, your best six of the most recent eight scores on file will be used to calculate your current average."

So, it's better in that they don't throw away times from more than the last 2 calendar years.

The bad is that they throw away anything after your last 8.

So, looking at how things change for me with the new PST (since that is the topic).

I'm an "A" in RFRO with a classification time of 83.52 sec and the PST decreasing 0.25 sec in 2024.

In 2023:  Peak = 68.00 sec, A = 90.67 sec, M = 80.00 sec making "A" class 10.67 sec wide.

In 2024:  Peak = 67.75 sec, A = 90.33 sec, M = 79.21 sec making "A" class 11.12 sec wide.

So, I went from needing to improve by 3.52 sec to advance to "M" to now needing 4.31 sec in 2024, an increase of 0.79 sec.

13 hours ago, GKB said:

It doesn't look like it.

From the USPSA.ORG Lookup Classifications page under Status Code = Y, "After you have earned your initial classification, the next time the classification system is run, your best six of the most recent eight scores on file will be used to calculate your current average."

So, it's better in that they don't throw away times from more than the last 2 calendar years.

The bad is that they throw away anything after your last 8.

Well, assuming those 8 are within the score % window for your classifiers.  Tank one well below your class and it doesn't count at all (eg: I'm a GM in Limited, but haven't shot Limited seriously in years.  If I were to go shoot 3 classifiers at 71, 73 and 81%, they would all get flagged as 'too low' and would not count.)

Just saw SCSA ran their Wednesday classification program and it is still putting the times against the 2023 PSTs.  That's good that any match shot since last Wed would use the PSTs in effect on that date.  I'm expecting next Wed to use the 2024 PSTs.

Edited by GKB