Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Official SCSA Standard Peak Time Ajustment Effective January 2024

Hoops

Heh.  The new 2024 RFRO PST changed one stage (OUTER LIMITS from 11.00 to 10.75 sec) and dropped me from an "A" to a "B" (74.86%) on that stage.  I guess I know what I need to spend more time on.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, GKB said:

And now the SCSA app just updated to show the new PSTs and calculating the "To gain X" time accordingly.

Yep.  My PCCO, which I haven’t shot much since 2022 and 2023 lower back surgeries just got hammered.  M back to A.  My RFPI scores are gone.

Time for me to set realistic goals for 2024.

Interesting.  I looked at my 2024 rank vs 2023.  Refer to @jrdoranSteelRankings.com  https://myenos.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/index.html

My ranking position improved but my percentage against a smaller total number of shooters increased.  Note:  Due to the recalculation of my actual classification percentages by SCSA this week, my classification percentages went down.

I looked at RFRO in Steelrankings.com.  In 2023 there were 200 shooters with percentages of 95%.  The minimum for GM.   Starting 2024 (based on 2022, 2023 and early days of 2024) the same number of GM’s dropped to 145.  It will be interesting to see how the rankings change as the number of scores/matches increases in 2024.  

I looked at the Top 20 in SCSA and it seems to me that there are legacy shooters still shown.  Maybe not.  Does anyone know?

it will be fun (I hope😁) to watch my progress in 2024 when steelrankings.com updates.

5 minutes ago, Squirrel45 said:

There are some people who are current and did not show up in the rankings. This would skew some of the rankings.

Were they in the 2023 ranking?

maybe message @jrdoran if you haven’t already?

thanks.

btw….my number of matches in 2023 were much less than 2022 and 2021.  I expected the 2024 SCSA re-calculation to bust me down….and they did.  

3 hours ago, Hoops said:

I looked at the Top 20 in SCSA and it seems to me that there are legacy shooters still shown.  Maybe not.  Does anyone know?

Yeah, I posted in another thread that my all-expired-classifier percentages are still showing up in the top-20 lists.

3 hours ago, Squirrel45 said:

There are some people who are current and did not show up in the rankings. This would skew some of the rankings.

@Squirrel45 

I see your 2024 ranking in all these divisions;  If I am missing something let me know, but it looks good;  Your 2024 results were also picked up;    http://www.steelrankings.com 

image.thumb.png.4a016986968282e505cfd1b218535dcf.png

@Hoops  There are absolutely with 100% certainty people in the SCSA Top 20 who have expired stages and would should not be there based on current TOP 20 Ranking.  😇

That was one of the motivating factors in my rankings project.  Transparent, accurate, and complete Rankings.

Edited by jrdoran

Is the TOP 20 supposed to be the current shooters or a best all time list?

If the latter, they should be there until somebody else beats their time and pushes them down.  Their scores are still an accomplishment, even if they happened more than 3 years ago.

Edited by GKB

30 minutes ago, GKB said:

Is the TOP 20 supposed to be the current shooters or a best all time list?

If the latter, they should be there until somebody else beats their time and pushes them down.  Their scores are still an accomplishment, even if they happened more than 3 years ago.

Revolver Optics example

if you compare the GM class in SCSA Top 20 to the current active Top 20 in @jrdoran Steelrankings.com, you will see two different Top 20’s.  

why?  No clue.  Probably a legacy factor. 

1 hour ago, Hoops said:

Revolver Optics example

if you compare the GM class in SCSA Top 20 to the current active Top 20 in @jrdoran Steelrankings.com, you will see two different Top 20’s.  

why?  No clue.  Probably a legacy factor. 

I did some research on the question of Top 20 in SCSA vs. Top 20 in Steel Ranking.  The basis is different for the two as I see it:

1.  SCSA Top 20 is numeric listing of 1 - 20 WITHIN each Classification.  Once a classification is earned, it will not go down on the basis current percentages.   Hence Top 20's for each Classification.

2.  Steelrankings.com by @jrdoran is a straight numeric order based CURRENT Percentages by Division (2022, 2023 and now 2024) regardless of Classification....#1 thru # 427.  For example, the top 20 Optical Sight Revolver in this program is a combination of GM and M shooters.  

That's the difference as I see it.  I don't follow the SCSA Top 20, but I assume as ;current M's reach a GM percentage greater than the current GM Top 20, they would move over into the GM column.