Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who builds a good 2011 from customer-supplied parts these days?

Rudukai13

It sounds like Carne Customs is willing to build the gun using both the Schuemann Tribrid barrel and LSI Outlaw left-handed grip module I’ve specified, as well as additional specifications for ammo tuning and finishing

9 hours ago, Maximis228 said:

Tuning a gun to ammo is never a good idea IMO. Always do it the other way around. 

I don’t handload. This is going to be a Minor PF pistol running predominantly 124gr NATO/+P factory ammo

So far Atlas, Akai, and Carne have said no. Rafferty’s books are closed.

Does anyone have good contact info for Venom? They haven’t replied to my original email.

If they’re a no go as well it’s going to be SVI by process of elimination

Edited by Rudukai13

3 hours ago, Rudukai13 said:

So far Atlas, Akai, and Carne have said no. Rafferty’s books are closed.

Does anyone have good contact info for Venom? They haven’t replied to my original email.

Been trying to get a gun built by him for prob over a year.  Was told ok to send the parts in November, then when I followed up to get a copy of his FFL, was told to hold off since he was backed up.  Would still like to get it done, but no idea what's up at this point.  Not complaining, as I know he's a one man shop and def in demand.  But you may be in for a wait.

11 hours ago, ltdmstr said:

Been trying to get a gun built by him for prob over a year.  Was told ok to send the parts in November, then when I followed up to get a copy of his FFL, was told to hold off since he was backed up.  Would still like to get it done, but no idea what's up at this point.  Not complaining, as I know he's a one man shop and def in demand.  But you may be in for a wait.

He told me 10-12 months on a pistol

29 minutes ago, sandflea316 said:

Everybody is backed up these days.  I guess that's a good thing for the builders.

Kinda surprising considering about 70+% are shooting CO now.  At least in these parts.  Limited is just about dead, and even Open isn't what it used to be.  So, seems like demand would be way down.  But, that sure doesn't appear to be the case.

8 hours ago, ltdmstr said:

Kinda surprising considering about 70+% are shooting CO now.  At least in these parts.  Limited is just about dead, and even Open isn't what it used to be.  So, seems like demand would be way down.  But, that sure doesn't appear to be the case.

I bought a Brazos SC Open back in later January.  When I call Bob about their full custom open, he quoted me 12 months.  So I opted for the SC.  Was supposed to be delivered by May 15th.  Called and was told he's 6 weeks behind.  

Lone Star Innovations didn't want to take on work either unless it was a full build with his parts.

SVI quoted me 6 months to work on my existing SV gun.  12 months for a build.

10 hours ago, ltdmstr said:

Maybe limited optics has sparked recent builds again.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/4/2023 at 8:31 PM, dnuggett said:

What did you end up doing?

F485359C-0679-43A0-8FAC-4F4DBF736579.thumb.jpeg.1b88a3ff185813c1b1d01658c987f5d6.jpeg

I went a different direction. A full custom 2011 may still be in my future, but I’m gonna dick around with this for a while first