Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BJ Norris CO at Worlds Speed?

mwx40x40

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, GJM said:

Anyone with insight why he switched from the 17 to the 47 this year? The 47 started as a CBP pistol, but I would imagine a world champion picks his gear based on performance. 

BJ  works for the Border Patrol..  

• 1 month later...

Were on the Customs and Border Protection National Marksmanship Unit CBP/NMU. We utilize gear for COMPS that is similar to duty gear. That is the reason for duty style weapons (G47). Either way, I am pretty sure that he can take a banana, wrap some bailing wire around with a little duct tape and still shoot fast ;) 

On 5/13/2023 at 6:32 PM, GJM said:

Anyone with insight why he switched from the 17 to the 47 this year? The 47 started as a CBP pistol, but I would imagine a world champion picks his gear based on performance. 

I'll say the unthinkable.

once you have learned to pull a trigger straight back the gun makes very very little difference in your performance. 

If the gun is sufficiently accurate and 100% reliable there isn't much more to be gained, especially in SC where there is no major PF scoring advantage. 

• 5 weeks later...

I wasn’t aware until I just looked this up.  BJ holds the Steel Challenge world records in Limited, Single Stack, Carry Optics and Production.  His total time for Carry Optics isn’t that much higher than Max’s Open world record.  I won’t be surprised to see BJ break Max’s record in Open.

Edited by GunBugBit